The Politics Thread

• Members

Kasich is determined to be the one to pick up the pieces of the broken GOP. It's a good strategy. It's very interesting to see the conflict between Kasich and the state party. They are doing everything in their power to get him to fall in line and so far he seems willing to tell them to get bent. 

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I think it's smart politics by Kasich and gives the appearance of going with his conscience, not that I think he has one. Portman seems to be doing fine without endorsing Trump so I fail to see the upside, unless there are state races dependent on it. I think Kasich and Portman are both smart by keeping their distance and I don't even like them.

• Members

if I can add.....it seems to me that the TVMSM is so much more worse than the internet MSM. Really, IMPO, the internet news media have been covering Trump ever since he announced....the TVMSM didn't start calling trump out until he called a reporter a sleaze at a PC about Trump U. and CNN & MSNBC (Besides Rachel and Joy mostly) are just now covering SOME of the stories the net news media have been covering for the last year and a half. 

• Members

Agreed but at the same time Trump is polling pretty well here. I think the state could actually go for him. Or not, we are the swingiest of swing states plus the 6th Circuit just killed the voter purge that the Repub SOS tried to do so right now we're a big question mark. I think Hillary will win but it would be fascinating if she managed to win without Ohio. 

• Members

Does Ohio typically vote Democrat? I think they did the last 2 elections but not sure about previous...

Not sure what the West Wing cast is capable of, but they are going to be doing Grassroots Organizing Events in Manhoning Valley, Cleveland, Sandusky, Toledo tomorrow and in Dayton and Columbus on Sunday.

• Members

I literally finished reading an article about that. First time in nearly 100 years that the paper endorsed a Democrat. 

Jane, you were the one who said it's hard to go back to being friends with people are voting for Trump, right? I was thinking about that guy at work and what he said and the job he does every single day with those kids. We're not friends, but we don't hate each other either. We just talk here and there like regular colleagues, I guess. Anyway, I ran into him today, and after we exchanged the typical, "How's it going? Happy Friday," he continued on his way, and I just glared at him with so much disgust. I will never look at him the same way, and I kind of feel like I'm being dramatic, but I don't know.

I'm still kind of not over the one woman at work going with the whole they're both flawed approach... but at least she doesn't seem to support Trump. 

• Members

I'm re-watching Cruz go off on Trump and I don't like Cruz, but he seems so passionate in this 10 minute video and so anti-Trump. He doesn't just mention what Trump said about his father or his wife or call Trump a pathological liar, bully, et al.... He talks about respect in general and children hearing what he says. 

Endorsing him clearly has to be a political move, so he won't lose the GOP vote if he runs for President in the future.

• Members

Cruz doesn't have a future in the presidency IMO at this point. It's likely about trying to save his senate seat. When he ran he got a very low number of votes because of very low turnout(Texas has an awful voter turnout record), Any increase in turnout with a reasonable opponent and he'll lose