Avril Lavigne Marries Deryck Whibley

Toups

• Administrator

Just wanted to post this in case there are other Avril and Sum 41 fans here..... LOL :)

Two Canadian music arists getting married....sounds like a younger version of Chantal Kreviazuk and Raine Maida. :) I hope Avril will again collaborate with Chantal on her new album (I can't wait for it! Her first two were really good.)

Congrats to them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://people.aol.com/people/article/0,26334,1214386,00.html

Avril Lavigne Marries Deryck Whibley

SATURDAY JULY 15, 2006 07:30PM EST

Lavigne and Whibley on June 10 Photo by: Kevin Mazur / WireImageAvril Lavigne Marries Deryck Whibley | Avril Lavigne

Avril Lavigne wed Sum 41 frontman Deryck Whibley on Saturday afternoon at a private estate in Montecito, Calif., a source confirms to PEOPLE.

At the outdoor, non-denominational ceremony, Lavigne was walked down the aisle by her father, John, to Mendelssohn's "Wedding March." She wore a Vera Wang gown and carried a bouquet of white roses.

The couple said their vows under an awning decorated with white flowers in front of 110 guests, including family and friends from their native Ontario.

Once the groom had kissed the bride, guests tossed rose petals at the newlyweds as they walked back up the aisle.

After the wedding, guests were to be treated to an outdoor cocktail hour before the reception, including a sit-down dinner, under a tent on the estate. In contrast to the all-white ceremony, the reception will have a red theme, with centerpieces of red roses and other flowers.

The couple's first dance is expected to be to the Goo Goo Dolls' "Iris."

Lavigne, 21, and Whibley, 26, have been together for two years, and became engaged in Venice, Italy, in June 2005, while Lavigne was on the last leg of her European tour.

In late 2004 Lavigne started sporting a small pink heart-shaped tattoo with the letter "D" on her right wrist, supposedly for her guitarist-singer-lyricist beau.

When Whibley was spotted wearing a silver band on his left ring finger earlier this year, he shot down rumors that the pair had already tied the knot, telling Teen People, "I've been practicing (playing guitar) with it. … It's fun to mess with the press."

The bride has been especially busy these past few months. Besides preparing for the wedding and giving voice to a possum in the animated film Over the Hedge, Lavigne has a third album in the works. (Her first two albums were 2002's Grammy-nominated Let Go and 2004's Under My Skin.)

Of her new album, she told PEOPLE in May, "there's going to be some love songs on there. That's what I feel, so that's what I'm going to end up writing."

-------------------------------------

Pictures can be found here: http://www.perezhilton.com/topics/avril_la...ng_20060716.php

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love Avril. Her song "Fall to pieces" really got me hooked because this girl at a website made a montage of Jt/Colleen with it. But she rox! Congrats to her. And for some weird reason I really like this guy's last name. I dunno why, lol.

Archived