Days Casting Rumor

• Members

Joe probably wnated to come back the second he heard that JER was on the way out. I wouldn't be too surprised if he asked them to put him on recurring, if B&B wasn't going to use him, just so he could return to Days full-time.

It won't happen until September, if at all. Meanwhile, this Black Hand story should start kicking into high gear sometime next month.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think if Joe saw that JER was writing like he did in the 90's-he would even came back under JER but clearly JER was not what he was so Joe would never come back to that. Plus, Joe was probably sickened by how JER destroyed the Dimera's-which is stunning considering how much he loved writing them during his first stint.

Joe and Corday have always been complimentary to each other and Joe always has and will love Days. That is Days/B&B made the swap that was supposed to land Joe at Days for a few days but we never got the Stefano end. Brad Bell would let him go if Joe wanted to return and there is clearly a good relationship between Bell and Corday otherwise the swap would have never happened. Joe hated Langan and he would have never left if not for him. After JER left, Stefano got too sci-fi and then we had Rolf and Bart and things became way too campy. I know Sheffer won't go campy with him which is good and I think Joe would love to work under the emmy winning Sheffer since B&B is wasting him right now. I am excited about this-I hope it's true.

• Members

I'm really starting to believe it is. If it wasn't, I really think Joe or BB would have came out and made some type of statement saying as such.

I really believe that sometime this fall, JM will be back on Days. And, if written right, that coupled with a brand new writing team may just give Y&R a run for number one. And this time, not because of some gimic, but becuase of good, solid character-driven storytelling.

• Members

J&M are due back August 10 Roman-two days after Beth Milstein's work begins to air. The rumors say Days wants this to happen in September so if this is true we should hear something soon. Joe would not comment yet-the news of him being recurring only broke like 10 days a go and this rumor only came out a few days ago so the mags should have something in the July 25 issue or August 1 issue if this turns out to be true or if someone comes out and denies it.

• Members

Since other folks read this board, hopefully he knows how we feel about him returning. And, it's not only here, but the other two baords I go to want the very same thing.

If you go to Soap Central, ther is a huge thread talking about the very same thing.

• Members

Am I the only one who really doesn't miss Stefano? Sure, I miss his presence as what he USED to be. But his last five years or so on the show, he was nothing more than a cartoon. And it completely ruined him, IMO.

That being said, I wouldn't be against him coming back, either... so long as he's not written like Tony during the Melaswen mess. I'd DIE!

Archived