AMC: Boxed In (NY Daily News)

• Members

From the NY Vue TV Guide of the NY Daily News...

BOXED IN By Carolyn Hinsey

Evil Dr. Greg Madden bites the dust tomorrow on "All My Children." Literally.

"He suffocates," explains Ian Buchanan, who plays Dr. Madden. "I don't think the intention was for him to die. He spend days [buried alive] inside that box and then a pipe burst above the box and a bunch of mud kept falling in. Suddenly, lo and behold, he is pushed to the surface. All the suspects are shocked to see the corpse."

No one more than Madden's son.

"Poor Josh," says Buchanan. "He finds him. It's kind of gruesome."

But a fitting end for the baby-stealing doctor who tormented most of Pine Valley.

"Everyone has a great motive," says Buchanan. "Jamie, Julia, Zach, Ryan, Kendall, Dixie, Di, Tad, Del."

"I think Zach did it. There was a gradual animosity between our characters that built. If not him, Erica, Her exact words were, 'One day, you will know what it is like to be in hell. To be cut off from all things you love.' She basically described the situation he found himself in."

And don't rule out kindly nurse Julia.

"He just told Julia the truth about herself," says Buchanan. "He nailed her for wanting to have a child for all the wrong reasons. I think he honestly believed he knew what was best for the children. I don't think it was the money. He wanted to place children with the ideal parents."

Basically, play God with people's lives.

"In a lot of ways, I think Greg read people very accurately, but he had his own agenda," admits the actor. As the murder mystery unfolds over the summer, don't discount the possibility of multiple culprits.

"Realistically, it would have taken more than one woman or one man to do what they did," muses Buchanan. "It had to be a little consortium of Martins or something."

And just because Dr. Madden is dead does not mean we won't still be hearing from him.

"I'm doing some audio stuff for the next little while," he says. "It will be stuff that wasn't actually on the air from when he was in the box. Stuff that could be compromising to a lot of people."

But don't look for him at Greg's funeral.

"I spent enough time in potting soil," cracks the actor. "They'd have to pay me a lot of money to get back in that box."

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Out of all the suspects, who is the most expendable? I think Del did it. He's rarely used and they need to trim the cast. My guess is Del wanted to protect Dixie and this was his way. Which sucks cause I actually liked Del and wished they used him more

• Members

If it's Palmer I bet you a fortune it would be their chance to write him off. Permenantly. The bastards. Palmer Cortlandt wouldn't ALLOW himself to be arrested for the death of a degenerate like Greg Madden. He'd voer his tracks like he has his shoes polished, to a spotless sheen.

• Members

Lol, remember, all, I said from day one that I believed Erica was in on this, so if/when it's proven that she is/was, you heard it here first. Hehe. :D

That said, I think it was David and Erica.

Of course whoever did this willl get off. Of course.

• Members

If they were smart it would be Palmer. At least that way James Mitchell would go out with a bang. Unfortunately he's just going to fade away, same with Opal and Joe and Brooke etc. Why invest decades in characters you never get any closure on? It's ridiculous.

• Members

One thing about Palmer as the Madden Murderer (and as it relates to the possibility of JM getting knocked back to recurring or dropped altogether), James Mitchell is making an appearance on SoapTalk this week.

It may not mean a damned thing but the nets orchestrate who's appearing a lot of the time as it related to current of upcoming stories. Why would they send out JM for promos? It's not something they've done in a while (unless I've forgotten something).

Del is a major suspect, especially since we've seen nor heard practically anything since he mucked up Madden's jet. Then there's Del's lack of significance in the PV landscape (outside of hunk status) and questions about Alec's future on the show in the face of cast reductions.

Janet will remain a major suspect for me until the revealis made. She's just too easy a solution for whatever crap McT spins between now and reveal day.

Julia as a suspect is growing stronger for me because the last two articles I've seen about Greg's murder make sure to note her though I think her motivation, realistically is far too weak for me to buy it should it turn out to be the case. They'd have to show her as mentally ill or no sale. Julia stays high on the list as long as Sydney has rumors about her future floating about.

Erica very well may have know about the atttempt to get info. I hope not since this was all so gruesome and over-the-top, even for a Kane Woman in pursuit of justice. Watch out.

• Members

Someone said when Julia killed that man last year, it could have done something to her, to where she could have had temporarity insanity which was brought to the forefront when Madden told her she could never have kids.

I could see it being Julia if SP leaves the show.

Archived