Guiding Light Lovers Thread

dayssux

• Members

I hear so much complaining about this soap but I personally enjoy it more than any of the others, including Y&R which everyone always raves about. We've got some great actors on GL too. I even love the recent recasts and I rarely take to recasts.

I pretty much love every storyline. I may also be in the minority but I love Cassie and Josh together and think they would be an interesting couple if Reva wasn't sick with cancer. It would be pretty lame if they put them together now.

So feel free to rave about the show. Constructive criticism is okay too but no "this sucks"-type complaining.

:D

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OMG...you love Josh & Cassie??? :o I automatically assumed from the other thread that you didn't! :lol: But yeah, I love them, too! I kinda lied when I said I get the brother/sister vibe from them...I just think it's kinda childish sweet that Cassie looks up to Josh and is developing feelings for him yet doesn't wanna act on it because he's her brother-in-law. I do love Josh & Reva but I can take them or leave them...and I won't be too upset if they never "go there" with Josh & Cassie...I just enjoy their friendship..it just seems very real to me.

I pretty much love every storyline except I've never really liked Harley and I used to love Mallet but I just don't care for him anymore. I wish A-M would get more screentime...without Marina. I'd love to see him with Dinah..yeah, I know he tried to kill her but those two have tons of chemistry that TPTB would be stupid to waste.

• Members

Joining in here as a GL lover! I may not enjoy Wheeler and Kreizman's bastardizartion, err interpretation (oops, sorry. Forgot no bashing), but GL is still a show I hold close to my heart. I can only hope it gets better soon. I think we can all agree that this is a show that has a wealth of potential and history supporting it. Thank God for classic clips and tapes so I can continue to get my GL "fix." :)

• Members

You'll never hear a complaint from me these days. GL these days reminds me of a fledging theatre company, using a wealth of talented actors and a really low budget to pull off amazing performances and shows.

Jonathan's Inside the Light is further proof that you don't need sparkle to produce a great show. Kudos to Wheeler and Kriezman for making the light shine a few more years.

• Members

GL might have its problems, but it will always be one of my favorite soaps. It's a part of my childhood and family. And yes, it's difficult to watch the show now and think about the good days, but that's the same w/ all soaps, not just GL.

I hope and pray that this show gets better. Despite being on a tight budget, the show has one of the best group of actors.

• Members

I think GL has its problems but I just adore it. It is the only show I never FF through. They have an exceptional group of actors.

Personally I am not a huge fan of Kim Zimmer but I can definitely see what a talent she is. I also adore Robert Newman. He is what - in his 50's? - and he is still hotter than most guys half his age. Plus he is a great actor.

I like most of the storylines going. I admit I am on Harley overload. A little less of her would be nice. A little more of Dinah is always welcome. Gina Tognoni is amazing.

Anyway continue on with the GL-love.

• Members

I agree about the acting...there have been qutie a few stories which I have just hated yet somehow, the actors over at this show can make the most of what they're given with and give great performances. I also think the cast have great chemistry together..they all look like they enjoy working together.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I love Guiding Light. I have since the first grade. I'm just disappointed in the direction it's heading in and the potential being wasted. The show continues to have a stellar cast though and I think the cast and crew are some of the most hardest working people in bizz considering how much their getting paid. GL was my first love in the world of daytime and if it ever gets cancelled it'll be my last.

• Members

I have three GL episodes ripped to my iPod video currently:

-Just added Tammy/Sandy's Wedding

-Episode where Jonathan and Cassie share a dance and insult each other.

-"Me, Myself and Him"

I want to add two others: "Surprise" and "Baby Daddy." Among other episodes that weren't even ITLs that were gems(the recent Coop/Lizzie Wedding Fiasco and Dinah's Party as Interim CEO of Spaulding).

I just really enjoy this show. I'm hoping 2007 isn't the end for GL.

• Members

One of my favorite recent GL moments was when Dinah was getting ready to give her speech at that party and they rolled in that huge TV monitor with Harley, so Harley could do it instead. I love Dinah, but that was just too funny.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Still love GL - flaws and all. Its got a great cast of actors. Really talented. I wouldn't trade one of them. I would never want it cancelled. I would probably hole up in a dark corner and cry for days. (Sorry but I'm dramatic)

GL will never be as great as it once was but it can still be enjoyable.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I agree(with the exception of Michelle Ray Smith). I watch the show everyday, thinking how fortunate this show was to get out of the terrible rut it was kept in during the Conboy/Weston era. Like you said, GL will never be as great as it was in the 90's(or for some of you, the 80's or 70's or 60's). But I'm glad to see that this show still has some steam in it.

Archived