AMC: May Want Liza To Visit?

• Members

I saw in the latest issue of SOD with Maurice Benard on the cover in the casting about section that AMC has put out a feeler to Marcy Walker to reprise her role as Liza Colby to re-introduce Colby to the canvas.

Considering Marcy's change in career and being vocal about it, that surprised me. If she doesn't accept, I wonder if Liza will just be written out completely or if AMC will risk another short-term Liza recast? Maybe Alice Haining (Liza #2) could come back. But since she was a redhead and looks nothing like Ambyr Childers, maybe not. LOL!

I guess we'll see!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

WEll to me if the writers don't come up with some great explanation it will be another big mistake. To me Colby returning to town without Liza is a another big slap in the face of the history of the show - right up there with the Josh abortion redo and Dixie choosing to give Kate up for adoption and many others. Liza gave up everything to keep Colby away from Adam. She has lived away from her family and friends. She is not going to sit back all of a sudden and let Adam have Colby to raise.

So if they try to get fans to believe that and don't explain why Liza is suddenly doing this. I mean she has got to be in grave danger or something. It will be another reason for me to stay away.

• Members

That really sucks. I understand her moving on, actually I think it's great for an actor to find something new to do later in life. But to completely shut off from the business is disappointing. It takes actors ages to answer fanmail, so why not do it in your free time?

I'm sure if Santa Barbara comes to SOAPnet and they want her for a SoapTalk interview she'd do it.

• Members

Not just a temp-recast, they should get someone really good who could appear recurring forever. You can't just count Liza out forever, especially with Colby, Adam and Tad in Pine Valley. Since Walker decided to leave, there is nothing wrong with recasting the role.

• Members

Yes it is authentic. The same statement has been received by many.

I think a new recast needs to be done since Walker (Smith) does not want to return. The Casting Director made a mistake with Alice Haining. She was not right, but there are plenty of performers out there who can handle the role. Until Michael Knight and Catherine Hickland were announced as divorcing, I always felt she would have been good.

I always felt Mary Beth Evans would have been good too, but DAys has her now. My next choice would be to lure Lindsay Frost back to daytime. I think she would make a great Liza.

• Members

This hurts to see, as a casual observer of Marcy's work. She just seemed like such a phenomenal actress.

This seems like she really doesn't want to do acting anymore. It just feels so final. But if this path makes her happy, then go for it. Wonder why Soap Opera Digest didn't include the Children's Ministry in their blurb. This has been going around for quite awhile.

This is a shame, because I felt like if reruns of SB on another network were successful, she and A Martinez could team up again for a reunion movie.

Archived