AMC: Casting

• Members

AMC is recasting.....Greenlee! Ugh. Now don't get me wrong, I loved Greenlee but not McTavish's Greenlee, and you can be sure that when the new actress takes over it will be completely McT's version of Greenlee minus everything Nixon/Passanante/Culliton/R&C did.

I guess this is why they never went with the Ryan/Julia chemistry or tried pairing Cameron with anyone else (because we wouldn't want to taint the undying love he has for Greenlee *gag*) why they never took Rebecca up on her offer to come back for a few days and bring some closure to her horrible exit and so forth.

Bruno has some people up on his page apparently up for an AMC role. This might be for Greenlee or something else, but I think Greenlee is the only role they are casting right now in that age-range.

Anyways she is definitely for Ryan. The great love story of the Green Butterfly and Dynamite Kiddo (how lame is this show, really!?) continues on......

If McTavish wasn't the headwriter I'd be excited, I really would. I'd be opptimistic there some sort of return to the old Greenlee. Ain't gonna happen.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I saw that mention of a casting for a "Leading Lady" on Bruno's site. Is it definitely Greenlee?

I agree most look of the actresses he suggested would be age-appropriate for Greenlee except for Stenovitch (sp?..sorry).

Word.

I thought since Stenovitch seemed too old for Greens. Any chance this could be a Liza recast (with Colby returning for the Summer and all)? 3 of 4 look too young to be LIza.

Oooooor, it could be a Carey or Lavery long lost sister. :blink:

• Members

This recast has ARIANNE ZUKER written all over it - she has cornered the market on playing superficial shrews... which is just what Greens is!

AMC audience...

welcome the new, taller Greenlee Smythe DuPres! Could Arianne replicate the kind of love-hate thing she had with Alison Sweeney on DAYS with Alicia Minshew?

days2.jpg

Its funny cause Nicole/Sami have exactly the same kind of relationship as Greenlee/Kendall and the latter characters are both the daughters of their respective soap's top diva (Erica and Marlena).

• Members

I always figured AMC would bring back Greenlee whether Rebecca Budig was playing her or not. There is still some unfinished business between Greens and Kendall and Greens and Ryan.

If Ryan and Greenlee reunite, I wonder if they are gonna try to take the baby away from Kendall? Unfortunately Ryan and Kendall are bound together for life b/c of this baby but I think Rendall as a couple is finally dead for good. I can't see Kendall and Greenlee ever being friends again.

• Members

I think the writing is on the wall that they will first try to pursue Budig. She was at the Emmy's. They still use Bob for anything ABCD. I think she just needed a chance to spread her wings and see what was out there for her. She is striking out in primetime, and ABCD still loves her. I mean, even the AMC Emmy promo was all her!

I think even if Greens is recast, it will be temporary and we'll see Budig back sooner rather than later.

• Members

Oh God, she would be PERFECT as Greenlee. I take her as a de-SORASed Liza, even. She definitely be a positive for the show.

Ulitmately, I'd rather have Rebecca back if at all possible. I really miss Greenlee despite how horribly she was written in her last year.

• Members

I think Rebecca Budig could return as Greenlee. But I want Arianne Zuker as Greenlee. She looks like she COULD be Walt Willey's daughter. She's tall, dark blonde hair (sometimes, lol). Perfect casting.

I also think AMC likely will re-cast Liza.

None of the actresses listed on Michael Bruno's site are right for Greenlee and all with maybe the except of Nadine Stenovitch is too young for Liza.

• Members

From what I've read, this doesn't look like a Greenlee recast. People are saying it looks like it might be Kate's adoptive mother, cause it says she has a little girl. I guess whomever it is, is being tested with Ryan. Looks like her first scenes are with Ryan.

Archived