United 93

Toups

• Administrator

I know 9/11 is still a sensitive issue and people won't go see it, but is anyone going to see it? I know I will because I have a mini obssession with 9/11 (I watched the A&E movie, the Discovery Channel special, and downloaded ABC's live coverage on 9/11). I also plan on seeing the other 9/11 movies.

The movie is getting great reviews:

Link to listen to Ebert & Roeper's review: http://tvplex.go.com/buenavista/ebertandro...ml?CMP=AFC-ERTV

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I definitely plan on seeing this. Yes, its a movie experience that will be very hard to endure, but it really happened, and from what I hear, the writer and director met with the victims' families and received their blessing.

Those people gave their all to stop their hijackers, and hopefully this movie will be universally looked at as a tribute and not exploitative trash.

• Members

I will be going to see this as well when it is released here in Australia.

I still remember what I was thinking the morning I woke up and turned on my TV to see what was happening. All I wanted was to be in New York to help. I remember feeling really helpless.

I was In NY in 97 and my amoungst my prized possessions are the few photo's that I have of the twin towers from Liberty Island.

Edith

• Members

Do we know if any of the money coming in from the box office will go to any charity or group supporting families of victims of 9/11 - or to rebuild the WTC? I'd like to see it, however it'll be very hard for me to watch. I just hope the money goes to something worthwhile though.

Archived