The Tracy Quartermaine Lovefest

• Members

Hi all,

I'm a newbie here and a huge LuNacy fan. I've watched GH on and off since I was a kid in the 80s and Tracy Q. has always been one of my favorite characters. I hadn't watched GH every day in a long time, but I happened to be home sick the day that Luke finally came back and told Tracy that their marriage wasn't going to end until she ended it...needless to say I was hooked all over again.... fortunately thanks to the wonders of YouTube, I've gotten to see a little bit of the LuNacy I missed. :)

So excited to find other Tracy fans!

~brownstonegirl

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hookedongh

• remos

• Ms. Quartermaine

• ILoveTracyQ

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

This is going to be a short post....LOL I'm so behind on comments.

I enjoyed today, but I'm tired of the hesitant kisses.

It's like either the director (or JE/TG?) are afraid of going ALL OUT and showing how passionate the characters can be.

It was a great Tracy day though !

*waves to everyone, welcome to brownstonegirl and Totem-cat..

And YAY ! TQ should be on tomorrow, RIGHT??

I hope so.

• Members

So I rushed home to watch today's Lacy scenes, I turned on the VCR, pressed play and come to find out the first 10 minutes were pre-empted because of the Virginia Tech shoot out. I went to Hella Good to download todays show, and it seemed to be pre-empted for Geena also. So, finally I went to GHVT and they had ALL of today's show. YAY :D :D :D

For all of those people who missed today or part of today's show, enjoy:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NLMACXFX

The credit goes to Shazzer for the first few minutes and then to Geena from Hella Good. I tried my best to fix the volume hopefully it comes out alright.

WELCOME brownstonegirl we LOVE newcomers. :)

Edited by nex4evr

• Members

Ok, so I was thinking about it and as much as I love that Luke was the one to tell Tracy about the rape I'm a little displeased with how they are doing this. first off, off-screen.... nuff said there. Next they are making it that he told her a while ago. They would have had a perfect set up to do it now (and on screen). It would have been great that he trusted her enough to tell her now, now that they have clearly gotten closer and are becoming a 'real' couple. This would have been ideal, but no, we had to go the offscreen route and assume it makes sense when they say it now. I guess in a way what makes it work is that they have shared their bed before. As much as that is a little out of the blue as well, if they were connected on that level already they would have been connected enough for him to tell her about the rape.... But still... it's not the way I would have liked.

Does that all make sense? any other theories about this illtimed plot point?

• Members

double post. woohoo... looking forward to a great day today! More Luke and Tracy on my tape and then I get to watch Melinda Doolittle and Jordin Sparks kick everyone else's ass up and down the stage on Idol. In my opinion they're the only ones worth a damn on that show. I know that's way off toic for this thread, but I love them, they're incredible

Edited by knh

• Members

I am the single most ungrateful wretch of all time. We've had more LuNacy kisses and touching in the last week than in all two years of their marriage combined. You know what? I'd trade it all for one kiss as meaningful as the one they shared on the patio the night of Justus's funeral.

Don't get me wrong--I love that LuNacy is going forward, that they're acknowleging their feelings and their relationship. I love that they're being portrayed as a sexual couple (finally! a real couple over 40!). I love that they're getting screen time.

But I hate the revisionist history, the assumption that these two sexual beings have been sleeping together forever without any prior allusions or acknowlegement, and the arrogance of TIIC to think they could just CHANGE the dynamic of the LuNacy relationship without precedent or context and none of us would notice!

I want love and romance for this couple, but I want a context. I want it to mean something, besides the writers deciding one day, okay, let's put Luke and Tracy in bed together.

I know I'm asking for a lot. I'm asking a soap to have good writing, to be consistent, to have at least the same editorial standards of the most basic fanfic. I know whatever the monkeys with keyboards come up with, Jane and Tony will knock out of the ballpark.

But I mourn the loss of my context, of my build-up, of my chance to see these two go from enemies to friends to lovers. Because, man--what a trip that would have been!

That's the last I will moan about this, okay?

Edited by MinervaFan

• Members

Just as a little sidenote to that, MF, I feel like if they didn't put in that little line about how they're doing pretty well it would have been perfect yesterday. She still could have said all the same things and been believed. She obviously ahs been in love with him for a long time, we all knew it and we've seen the build up so this would just be the point when they are telling eachother and they are evolving into a real married couple. Instead, now they're just a couple of horny people and it didn't matter if they even got along?! I kow that's a stretch, but they seem to have been redused by the fact that they've been together already I think. If that one line wasn't there I'd have been higher than cloud nine, but alas, it was and I stayed at the top instead of being just a bit happier. Don'g get me wrong, I'm still thrilled with this and I will take it any day of the week and apparently will this week! I just wish they hadn't rewritten history like they do so many other times. Oh well

edit: PS, I agree with you about the funeral kiss!! I don't think that it was really that bad yesterday, it wasn't one of those out of the blue, wherethehelldidthatcomefrom kind of things, but i know what you mean about that day

Hi, Hooked!!!!!!! waving like crazy

Edited by knh

• Members

Thanks, KNH. You clarified my feelings on the whole topic. I think it would have been perfect without that reference, and I just feel...hollowed by it. Like this is just a thrown-together thing, like they aren't worthy of a build-up given to couples like Maxie and Coop, or gods save us, Ric and Sam. Not to mention that this states Tracy has been putting up with Luke's philandering and that whole Laura thing while she was sleeping with him! It really makes her look a little pathetic, imho, and Luke looks even more callous and cruel because of it.

Simon. We need a Simon for Tracy. That's it--until further notice, I'm holding out for a hero. A real hero, for Tracy.

(Of course, further notice will probably be "The Morning After" they do it at the MetroCourt. I'm so damned easy.)

• Members

I don't think Luke has to tell Tracy about the rape. She was in town at the time and everyone found out after Scott punched Luke over the side of the yacht, and Luke and Laura went on the run.

When Luke didn't resurface, Scott was arrested for killing him (another reason Scott should hate Laura rather than love her, IMO). He told the police that he did it because he found out that Luke had raped Laura.

The whole thing was well publicized because after a few days when Laura disappeared & Luke's body didn't surface, the police suspected Luke kidnapped Laura. They printed their pictures in all the papers, etc, so the whole story was out.

• Members

That's what I thought, too. i thought she would have known about it, especially seeing as Tracy is Tracy and she seems to know everything about everyone. From what was said, though, it comes out on Wednesday that he told her about it. I don't know if this is true, but that's what we have right now.

this whole timeline is just pissing me off. i am not a happy Kristin about this the more I think about it. Not only are we supposed to believe that they have been getting it on with nothing to back it up, but we've got evidence to the contrary. What about all those close but no cigar things... the glances but missed kisses, the times they kissed and she turned back into her old tracy self. What the hell, they were toltally not sleeping together Guza!!!!! You should read this so you can figure out a logical progression for this story instead of continuously forcing the toothpaste back into the tube. I don't care what you think, you can't change history and you can't unwrite what you've already aired. Come on already!

Edited by knh

• Members

Actually MagicHappens, Scott and everyone else in town assumed Luke and Laura were having an affair at that time. That's why Scott was angry at Laura as much as he was angry at LUKE that day. He'd found a goodbye letter Laura had written to Luke and based on the tone of that letter jumped to the conclusion that Laura had cried rape in an attempt to mask her affair with Luke.

So my point is, not everyone in town knows the real story. These are the people who definitely know:

Bobbie (because Luke confessed to her), Scott (somehow put the pieces together later on), Nik (because the Cassadines found out somehow), Lucky (because Nik told him), Liz (because Lucky told her) and Emily (because apparently the 4 muskateers tell each other everything).

• Members

yeah, I remember being a little kid and watching the scene where Scott found the letter. He didn't think at the time that it was rape, he thought it was an affair. He called laura a tramp.

Now, I can't remember if she confessed to him during this conversation that it was rape, she may have.

Either way, Scott was mad at BOTH of them, which leads me to think he didn't realize the truth until later. I doubt he would have called her a tramp if he knew she was raped..

But, she could have told him, and THAT is why he decked Luke.

I wish we had a transcript or clip of that Scott/Laura convo.

As far as Luke and Tracy having sex offscreen, I don't think it was happening while Laura was there.

Since the verbal references have just started, I tend to think the sex has just started.

The way TG/JE played it, so awkwardly, in fact...I'd hazard a guess and say it's possible they've only done it once or so....and maybe thought they were going too fast, or were too overwhelmed when they did it, and likely took to sleeping in the same bed only, but decided to take it slow in terms of the sex.

I can see them having that conversation, even though two years is slow enough and they are married.....

I hate that ANY Lacy stuff happened offscreen, we hardly see them as it is.

BUT, I may be in the minority in that I absolutely LOVED the conversations yesterday and the way TG/JE played it.

So very tender with each other. Hmm, maybe that first time offscreen was the cut scenes from the day Luke was supposed to try and get rid of Alan? I doubt it was onscreen then either but I bet we got a shot of them going upstairs together or talking about it anyway.

The next day's scenes were just too suspect not to have something gone on the day before, if that makes any sense.

Anyway...I thought the Lacy stuff yesterday was good. I liked it.

And progress offscreen, while sucky, is better than none at all. RIGHT? Better than the one step forward, two back, kind of stuff we've dealt with for almost TWO YEARS.

I'll take some offscreen stuff as long as the onscreen stuff makes reference to it, like we got yesterday.