• Members

What's ironic is that it would've made more sense with Gwen.

After losing Dimitri, Gwen tries to make it work with Xander, but he dumps her for Sarah and the baby.  So, with dollar signs in her eyes, she teams up with Konstantin (on the way to Alamania) to screw Xander out of his inheritance.

No wig, no problem

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It's like Ron just gets these one-sentence inspirations for storylines and figures he'll work out the logistics later.

• Members

That’s sounds so good.

Guess we can add this to the list of reasons why that whole Dimitri storyline was total garbage.

Idk

I hope it ends up working out. I’ve always wanted to see what Dan (and Chris) could do once they got out from under Frank’s thumb.

• Members

Add in the fact that Gwen and Alex actually did have a previous romantic relationship,  it makes about 1000 times more sense than Theresa's plan.

I can't imagine Dan being any worse than Ron.  

• Members

RIH Konstantin!!!!

Please register in order to view this content

We won’t be missing your annoying ass anytime soon. 

Today was an ad free episode… but it was also a bit of a mixed bag. There was some good acting and good scenes but also some bad acting and atrocious scenes. Fair warning, the flashback with a Fake Victor was absolutely terrible. 

John suddenly becoming triggered by the card, even though he was supposed to have overcome it already was stupid too, but I guess it was a good cliffhanger. 

The best acting today came from Maggie and Justin, imo. Maggie ripping Konstantin and Justin talking about how his relationship with Alex has changed were some of the best scenes today. 

And the hostage standoff was pretty good too, despite EOB not playing a hostage all that well. She’s improved as Theresa but today wasn’t her best work. But I liked the way they left the door open for the rest of the secrets to be revealed. I thought that was handled pretty well. 

• Members

I agree it was a pretty solid show. I even appreciated it. Of course, I am so happy to be done with Konstantin. Good bye! Good riddance! 

I enjoyed John & Steve pretending to bicker. John being triggered IMO was lame. 

I thought it was a bit odd that Justin, Bonnie, Sarah & Maggie were apart from the rest, upstairs in Maggie's room. Maggie & Justin had good stuff but so did Justin with Bonnie. I did wonder, though, about Bonnie's perspective. How is she in a position to know that Alex is Justin's son in every way that matters. Adrienne would know that. Would Bonnie?!!!

• Members

That was wonderful and exciting!

It had many of the RonC earmarks that I don't enjoy, people with guns, Bonnie making meta-remarks about Sci-fi that are far beyond her intellect, people not understanding the most obvious clues, etc.

But, Maggie and Justin were great.  The John and Steve banter was adorable.  And, I like that Sarah showed up out of the blue.

• Members

This actually would've been a lot better if he had actually teamed up with Vivian and they would've schemed to acquire the Kiriakis fortune while basically using Alex as a patsy. Vivian actually has a well-documented history with Victor and she would've had a much stronger and plausible motivation to go after the fortune and try to oust Maggie from the family. Theresa could've been in an entirely different storyline where she would've tried to reconnect with Brady while dealing with Tate's teenage angst and his puppy love story with Holly. It's all just so stupid and dumb.

I won't be surprised if everyone forgot this story even happened a year from now; I don't see too many long term ramifications playing out aside from maybe Theresa going to prison for a while and the entire town washing their hands of her permanently, including Brady, Maggie, Alex and Tate. Also, Xander doesn't seem to care about the fortune anyway and he never even had a great relationship with Victor while he was alive, so what exactly is going to change for him? Also we're obviously supposed to feel sorry for Alex for being screwed over by Theresa and Konstantin but he's such an awful and obnoxious scumbag that nobody cares what happens to him and many fans are awaiting his downfall. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

Are we to assume that Marlena successfully deprogrammed John to stop him from killing Maggie (as Konstantin ordered most recently), but she forgot to add the part to not kill Steve?

Also, Konstantin's confession still didn't explain why he waited 40 years to exact revenge.  I mean, he told Victor that he hated him. Vic decided to change the will.  But, after 40 years, Konstantin couldn't wait one more second for Víctor to die.  So, he crashed his plane?  That doesn't make a lick of sense.

@MissPhoenixGirl92 I actually hope this is the beginning of a long-standing feud between Alex and Xander.  Which makes more sense than the animosity between EJ and Stefan.  In fact, I hope that EJ exploits the Kiriakis family drama to help Dimera win over Titan (win at what, who knows?).  And that lays the groundwork for the continuation of the Dimera/Kiriakis feud, which would affect Tate/Holly, as well as other romantic pairs. 

I envision a future where Xander needs Alex's help to run the business, but both are too proud to assist each other.  With Maggie serving a mediator/voice of reason.

Edited by j swift

• Members

I suspect that might have been the reason Marlena wasn't at the wedding.  She could have most likely talked John down fairly easily.

So....as weak as it is I believe Konstantin kept asking and hoping Victor would help him out with money all these years.  Then when Victor agreed to put Konstantin in the will he decided to kill Victor to speed the process along and then decided to exact revenge when he found out he wasn't in the will at all.  It still not a very solid story, but that's basically how I understood it today.

Theresa's motivation still remains nonsensical.