• Members

Thank you so much for clarifying. I had in my mind that it was something like this. Wholesale firings like that, gee, that seems so self-destructive, to me at least. It's as if in an attempt to put your own people in place, you throw out history, perspective, and probably much more. Dan & Chris always seemed somehow thin to me, in their story-telling. Perhaps it came from the whole writing team being strangers to GH. It makes Korte all the more important to the show. And, the point has certainly just been made. GH has won many Emmys in the past 15 years but this was the first time in 15 years that they won for Writing. 

i blame them for being undisciplined, for example, not deciding on a story's conclusion up front but instead making it up as they went along. This applied to Peter, to the Hook, etc. 

Kirsten Storms recently said that when she was with Peter she was pregnant for a year. 

• Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I honestly thought the scripts nosedived pretty quick in 2012, but I haven't watched that stuff in ages. Those first six months with Connie, McBain's instant dead sister, etc. were beyond brutal. It was the water crisis in the fall that got me fully hooked. But yes, they did dump virtually all the longtime writers fast.

• Members

Yeah I saw it, Annika Noelle from BOLD posted on her IG showing support for Taby and others have given her support. She was called a racial slur then the person doubled down & said they didn't mean it that way and that "racism" doesn't exist 

• Members

-- Kelly Monaco's blown-up lips do not look good.

-- Spinelli gets to take over at the Metro Court pool after getting a full-on employee's outfit?

-- Michael Easton's acting has returned to dreadful.

• Members

So, I have missed a weeks worth of episodes at least and watched today live.  Are we supposed to believe Jagger has NO IDEA who Jason's ex-wife is?  Never seen a picture?  I know Jagger was never the sharpest tool in the shed, but wouldn't he get a whole dossier on Jason being his FBI handler and all?

I guess it could all be a ruse on Jagger's part, but Sam was so very specific about her life details too.  

• Members

Someone told me they thought that he'd been let go but they weren't sure of any details. After they said that I looked at the list of names from the Emmys & he is not listed with the winning team, so, that means not only has he been fired, let go, but it was some time ago. Now, of course, if it is some kind of rehire situation then that would be new news. 

I watch GH daily in a group in Zoom & basically the whole room was like you jumping up & down & saying, WHAT?!!! Jagger would know all of Jason's exes on sight! This is stupid writing! Etc. Plus, I mean, Sweet Jesus, Sam can choose disguises that literally make her stand out in any crowd, can she not?!!! 

Then, besides that, we were all up in arms again, over the handling of Finn! They should be having a formal intervention, not some ad hoc adlibbed attempt to get Violet away from him & leave him there in his messy apartment to drink himself silly!! I can only hope this is for the soapy goodness of the drama & they'll get to the actual Intervention another day. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

I thought maybe I missed something in a previous episode where Jagger did know Sam and was faking, but IIRC he didn't actually know who Carly was when he first met her either.  But Sam used her real name and very specific details about Jason including they had a son together and she thought he died.  You would think she would use one of her alias names and say her ex disappeared for awhile and re-appeared.  She even gave the timeline of the divorce.  They actually both are stupid at this point lol.

I agree the way the show handled Finn was very disorganized.  At least round up Alexis, Tracy, Liz, the family, etc and plan something instead of ambushing him and trying to get his awful child.  But neither Brook Lynn or Chase are addiction experts so they clearly just acted in the emergency best interest of the minor child instead of thinking it through.

Edited by carolineg