New Irritating Pop-up Ads Question

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

I had a Macbook Pro back in 2011 and I loved it. It went to computer heaven in 2020. My boss at the time had a 17 inch Pro and she let me borrow it for work and it was an incredible computer and much bigger than my 13" pro.

I wanted to buy another MacBook Pro but they had gotten so expensive. I saved up money but instead I bought an IPad the 10th and newest edition in Christmas of 2022.

So there I am happy with my new iPad and my family is like open our present for you. It was a box. It was heavy in weight and had no clue what it was. To my surprise it was the 13" MacBook Air I wanted and saving money for. That was one of my best Christmas ever!

I still eye a 17" MacBook Pro.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

After observing this "irritating ad" situation for another week or two, I am thinking the ad is just a symptom of the problem.  And the problem is much larger than simply an irritating ad. I think the larger issue is, something is taking almost complete control of the page.  In addition to the ad(s), it is changing the type font on the page, rearranging contents of the page, making the reply option completely disappear, and generally making the entire page unreadable and unusable. Could it be some kind of virus or malware (or some other form of corruption) that has invaded the site, or maybe even the host software?  I no longer believe it is just a legitimate ad that is malfunctioning.  

• Members

It's happen twice to me this morning and now I'm getting an annoying kitchen aid ad that covers half the screen.

Help!!

Please register in order to view this content

• Webmaster

There are no viruses on the site or server, nor any form of malware. The site is scanned meticulously every day and every hour. Please do not even question that.

The issue is related to CSS, which is design code. That's it. We are working hard to determine which ad provider's CSS code is causing this or if this has anything to do with the forum CSS code.