• Members
Posted (edited)

We need more Rita, her relationship with EJ was fun, and not in just a silly way.  I hope she becomes more of a talk-to for him.

Speaking of talk-to's, I don't know why Marlena's scene with Eric annoyed me, but she should treat him like a grown man.  The next time Marlena asks Eric about working with Nicole (who is also one of Marlena's clients), I hope he asks what it is like to see Roman at the Brady Pub every week, after she cheated on him with John, and then played with his emotions while he was in a wheelchair years ago when Kristen found him and brought him back to Salem. 

The reporters at The Spectator don't seem to realize it is a daily newspaper, not a magazine.  Eric and Nicole have been working on this story about the homeless for days. And, Everett seems to hit save only once a month on his articles. They all need to publish something already. Especially since the paper seems to willfully ignore the drug ring, which may be the biggest story in Salem. 

But, here's the thing, Paulina called the blood evidence about Li circumstantial, yet she fired EJ because he might become the permanent CEO.  She knew he was helping out at DImera, given that Stefan was arrested and fired.  She terminated EJ before the board ever convened.  That being said, I'm happy he's no longer the DA, that was a dumb move plotwise and needed to be resolved. 

The whole concern about Clyde telling people that Steve and John broke him out of prison seems false.  Why would anyone believe CLyde?  And they could always blame the entire thing on Goldman.

Edited by j swift

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

To be fair, Marlena knows Eric still has feelings for Nicole and Eric/Nicole's breakup was much more recent.  Plus, it's her son and this Eric/Nicole working relationship started about 5 minutes ago lol.  I think it's a fair question.

I do think it's weird when Marlena asks her patient (Nicole) about those feelings though.

Roman/Marlena/John/Kate have been friendly for years now with little hint of feelings.  No one asks Kate how she feels about seeing John at the Pub and they were engaged lol.

From either Ava or Jada.  Can't remember who told him.  Jada was talking about the black book being encoded and Steve offered to help (of course with an assist from Shane/ISA-because Shane doesn't do enough lol)

Edited by carolineg

• Members

I have two (perhaps) unpopular opinions on today's writing credit:

1. Much like the proverbial “sins of the father”, it would seem unjust for a man's wife to be punished due to his bad deeds.
  2. As I've often said, focusing on backstage news is listening to a stranger's office gossip, and thankfully it is neither my circus nor my monkey.

• Members

I tend to agree with you.  Outside of who Sonja Alarr is married to, we have no indication she is bad at her job or a bad person.  It's not the best look, but we really don't know her circumstances or much about her.  For all we know she's a victim herself, in the process of getting out of the marriage, distancing herself from the situation, etc.  She hasn't outright publicly defended him (as far as I know), so I see no reason for her to be fired.  

• Members

I'm glad that Sonja Alarr is still at Days. She's not responsible for her husband's actions. But more importantly, every day we are closer to getting our beloved Ron Carlivati back!! Yay!!! I can't wait. Very soon interesting things will happen in Salem!

• Members

Sonja Alarr had never written a produced TV or film script in her life before her husband handed her that job. It's not like she's a writer with a ton of credits or like she had been working on another show for a long time. She lives with and is connected to the man. She only has a job because of him. She can go.

• Members

It's extremely awkward.   As far as I can tell she was never under investigation.  I would assume Days would have fired her at the same time if she was problematic as well.  If Alan Alarr treats his employees like that I can only imagine how he treats his wife.

But that doesn't mean she is bad at her job.  I don't notice her writing to be worse than anyone else's.  Yesterday's show was pretty good.

I just don't think we know enough about her personally to judge her.

• Members

It's just bizarre to me. There's no way she wasn't a bit of a mouthpiece for him -- he was basically ghost-HW-ing the show before he got canned. And now isn't he SUING the show? It seems like such a weird conflict of interest that the intimate partner of someone perpetrating such acts is still "on the inside."

• Members

Ron Carlivati's writing is a great equalizer.  No matter how skilled you are as a writer, working with his ideas turns you into a hack.

Oh, this show is so toxic.  Peacock would almost be doing it a favor by reneging (sp?) on their renewal.

• Members

Oh, it's bizarre.  You would think she would have exited with him.  That's why I assume she probably isn't problematic because it would have been very easy to fire her with him.  It tends to make me think perhaps she distanced herself from him or the marriage.  But I don't know this woman at all so no idea.