• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Agreed and BLQ is a totally replaceable role. The lack of love scenes is the least of why I think a dozen other actresses can play this role more effectively.  But AS is a FOF (Friend of Frank’s), which means she’s entitled to a role unless ABC intervenes. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

BLQ is an active and vibrant young woman who is also succeeding in business. She should be getting into business shenanigans, screwball capers and (yes) sexy adventures with a lot of different people, friends or potential lovers. She should be Lucy in her prime. I can think of so much I'd love to do with her, particularly with Amanda in the role. Instead she is now a cop's wife basically wearing bloomers half the time who we rarely see intimate with her husband who has the look and personality of an overgrown 15 year old Eagle Scout. That is the issue.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I won't be shocked if they start referring to each other as "Mother" and "Father" soon!

Watching Chase and BLQ is like watching LOVE OF LIFE during the Jean Holloway era, but I know it can't be, because there's no one named "Bambi" around to eat the damn show!

• Members

Here's the thing. Brook Lynn and Chase have been fed to us a a real romance, a storybook romance. We have the right to expect certain things on our screens -- including a connection that is loving and sexy and genuine.

We're not getting that. We're getting brother/sister/friendship vibes, and that makes this relationship a fail.

Would this couple play differently if we got a real daytime romance that was loving? That showed a couple with passion? We'll never know as long as actors are allowed to call the shots.

Honeymoon night. They couldn't even put Brook Lynn in a sexy silk robe. Instead she was completely overwhelmed in a giant plush terrycloth robe that she could not pull up any further or she'd cover her mouth.

• Members

Exactly. I still can't believe I got to the 50-minute mark of that wedding episode thinking "This is actually good," and then had to sit through 4 minutes of crap -- better known as "an emotional song from a darling child" by production.

• Members

I sympathize with the fact that AS may be slightly insecure with her body post-pregnancy, but I said the same thing about KS.  No one cares if you are stick thin-dress like a fashionable person in your age range.  Both these characters are supposed to be fashionable!  Brook Lynn has endless money and is successful. She can afford something other than an oversized blazer to wear.  When you add that in with her completely sexless take on the role it becomes a real snooze. Chase and Brook Lynn aren't fun!  This should be the best time of their life and it's not showing on screen. 

I get AS is not 25 anymore and her priorities change, but leave the role then.  

Touché

• Members
Posted (edited)

It's the same preciousness and favoritism that allowed the ending tag of the live eps in 2015 to be just Nicolas Bechtel as little Spencer dancing around the sets a la Stewie's sexy parties on Family Guy, like he'd eaten 3 whole Pixie Stix. I could not believe that was what they were ending the day on.

I believe a lot in fostering a family environment behind the scenes on these shows, and I actually really enjoy kids having a key role on soaps when the roles are written well and the kids are able to act (as was the case in the '90s). But the stuff with Bechtel running rampant, or Violet mugging through scenes or whatever else is not that. It's just Frank seeming like an overly indulgent Dr. Dolittle (Dr. Dolittle fostered animals, but you know what I mean).

Edited by Vee

• Members

Bloomers, eh?  So, they've glammed up Grandma Brook Lynn after all!

Nah, I've even seen Amy Grant videos that were more PG-13 than Chase and BLQ.

I think the entire writing team should be fired.

Frank really should quit GH and go produce a kids' talent show.  It's painfully obvious that that's where his heart is.

• Members

Who said FORCED? There are ways to do love scenes that can be respectful, not buttoned up to your chin

Love scenes are supposed to be STEAMY and SEXY it's a freaking soap. Oye vey

Yep just recast or write them off into the sunset together. I think the same thing happened with Adam Gregory on BOLD. I read something about he didn't want to do kissing scenes cause he's a Christian and they basically ended up recasting cause of it 

It was like years ago when Burton didn't wanna take off his shirt, I can respect that, but at the same time, YOU ARE ON A SOAP 

Completely agree!