• Members
Posted (edited)

Mac was definitely at least a B level lead during Monty through the first couple of years of Labine. I feel he slipped more into supporting during the Stone storyline, and while onscreen wasn’t really a lead again after that for the most part.

The show put him front and center during the Ryan/Felicia storyline. And before that there were times I felt he was a newbie shoved down viewers throats.

AJ barely had a story of his own other than alcoholism. I would say up to 1995 Mac was B tier and AJ was C. 

Edited by titan1978

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I want Steven back on the show again and working at the hospital. I also want Jeff to come back.

For the first time ever, Kristina seems more important to the show than Michael, and I like it. I love Kraze and want them to keep adding characters around them. Michael and Willow are just there.

• Members

I think I would consider Mac B-tier.  I would clump Ned, Jax, Tony and Alan at the same level during the 90's.  All of these guys drove big stories, but had periods where they weren't doing a whole lot.

Although I can't recall a "Mac" driven story after 1998 and the Tale of 2 Macs.

Honestly I think it's harder to rank the woman on the show. To me there are a lot more iconic woman from this show than men.

• Members

Yeah.  To me I think A tier would be Anna, Laura, and Carly I suppose, but there are about 10 other women I would like to add like Bobbie, Tracy, Felicia, Holly, Monica, Robin, Brenda, Tiffany, Lesley, Lucy even?  

• Members
Posted (edited)

So, Bobbie & Tiffany are the past. Tiffany, during her time, was definitely A, I'd say. Bobbie was also definitely A during her hey-day but as time went on, drifted downward to C, I'd guess. Unfortunately we have to also consider Monica as past. She was always A, wasn't she? Lesley also is past & also used to be A but as time wore on became probably B. 

What about Skye? What about Lila? 

Oops, forgot Brenda! (Have I lost my mind this morning?) Brenda was A, always either A or not currently on the show, never B or C!

Edited by Contessa Donatella
more info

• Members

I was just thinking all these actresses lead major stories regardless at different times.

Skye doesn't rank at all.  She is the worst.

I considered Lila, but I would say she was more a matriarch figure than someone who drove story.

• Members

The wacky villain/psycho, another problem with modern soaps. If "The Writer" is meant to be Ron, he has been gone for years. What have the other writers done with the character? 

Has Heather's mom Alice Grant been mentioned? She was the Webber housekeeper and another reason the two women should share a connection.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Yes, of course, you are correct. The only, one time, Lila drove story was the "Pickalila" story. Skye bascially represented potential, unrealized though. 

Maybe we've left out only one - Lois. 

BTW, about Heather, I am pretty sure it was Patrick who wanted to salvage her. Absolutely no idea what it was that caught his attention. I just know it was what I was told at the time. However, this may be totally wrong because when Alley was interviewed by Michael Fairman after the Emmy nominations were announced, she specifically said that the idea about the cobalt poisoning came from Chris Van Etten. Probably all that it is safe to say is that the Writing Team wanted to keep Heather on the canvas for some unknown reason. 

Edited by Contessa Donatella
more info

• Members

My disdain for Skye on GH is very well known.  Perhaps Skye had potential on the show she was supposed to be on-All my Children.

I would rank Lois top 3 on my personal list, but she didn't really have that much time on the show or overall impact.  She would be B-tier on the basis of her being popular and having a very epic romance/wedding.  I won't even count birthing boring ass Brook Lynn against her.  The show can't currently figure out what to do with Lois and if, say, Robin or Brenda returned they would immediately have front burner stories.

• Members

You'll have to forgive me. I had forgotten. My mental space for your faves/unfaves is taken up with Brenda +++++ GinaT hatred. 

Yes, to Lois as a solid B, with Eddie Maine, the music biz, etc. 

Now I know you're going to post that you don't really hate her.