GH: April 2024 Spoilers

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I hate this. I love this!

I haven't watched GH in an eternity. I am/was a Mason/Julia uberfan! And I loved the potential of Cameron/Alexis, but Guza wrecked that.

I don't want to watch GH again, damn it! But now I may have to. Hey, if Michael Easton and Roger Howarth can play multiple characters, so can freakin' Lane Davies!

With Patrick Mulcahey being responsible for so much M/J goodness on SB, this intrigues me.

• Members

It's total bait-casting, of course, but Mason/Julia on SB meant an awful lot to this nerdy kid back in the day. And with Patrick Mulcahey writing? I'm already intrigued. 

• Members

I felt that it didn't quite have the 'it' factor until the end of his run, by which time Lane's time on GH was already marked. And the end felt rushed, with GH desperate to squeeze some of the old chemistry out one last time before his character Cameron was bumped off.

Lane had great chemistry with Chad Bannon who played his son.

It was a disappointment because HW Bob Guza was part of the Santa Barbara brain trust (a breakdown writer at one time), and Mulcahey was a breakdown writer for GH and had penned Julia & Mason's greatest scenes on SB. 2003/2004 was deep in Sonny/Jason/Carly era, though, and Guza was obsessed with The Good Mob. Everything else was just a peripheral illustration of how hard 'love in wartime' is when you are Sonny Corinthos and Jason "box of pain" Morgan.

• Members
Posted (edited)

I think the character worked at the outset and the chemistry was definitely there, but the scenes often devolved into Cameron scolding and castigating Alexis bc of the show's attitude towards her at the time. Then came the humiliating fake DID and Dobson stories for Alexis which he got caught up in which made it worse (Zander sees Cameron kissing "Dobson" and thinks he's gay, haha!). By the end of that he was just irrelevant. But I never thought LD didn't work on the show or that they couldn't make a good pairing. It was the scripts and stories.

Edited by Vee

• Errol unpinned this topic