Disaster Movie Fans: Mark Your Calenders....

Matt

• Members

On May 9, both the original "The Poseidon Adventure" and "The Towering Inferno" are being re-released on DVD on 2 2-disc Special Editions loaded full of documentries, "making of" featurettes, commentaries, deleated scenes, etc. Clearly this is to coincide with the the May 15 release of "Poseidon" the big-screen remake of "The Poseidon Adventure". I've already got my DVDs pre-ordered from Amazon (who are running a "buy both..." special for $20 whereas each set is MSR for about that amount).

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, I've already got both movies on DVD (and Earthquake on VHS -- I think it's also coming out on a standard DVD the same day), but these Special Editions are must-haves for me since they're both loaded with extra features.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Folks, these Special Editions are MUST HAVES! OMG, the features are outstanding. The 2nd disc of each set are loaded with documentaries and behind-the-scenes footage along with retrospectives of some of the actors. B&B fans will be especially interested in Towering Inferno considering Susan Flannery (Stephanie, B&B) won a Golden Globe for her performance in that film and is featured *heavily* in interviews in the the documentaries (as well as one of the most spectacular and memorable sequences of the entire film). One of the full commentaries on Poseidon Adventure features comments by Pamela Sue Martin, Stella Stevens, and Carol Linley. Both films are fully restored and in wide screen and look spectacular. I'm continually impressed with TTI's effects. Although over 30 years old and without CGI (which wasn't even possible back then), the special effects hold up even today. If you like suspenseful, starstudden, action films, both TPA and TTI are *must sees* for anyone!

• Members

A dvd review site that I go to just rated both dvd sets 10 out of 10. They say both are perfect. I couldn't agree more. I've watched both sets 4 times a peice now. And I still can't get over the amazing box cover art for both sets. Those are the movie posters. A great buy.

Archived