GH: March 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

As a lapsed, but returned viewer, I have to take a moment to [!@#$%^&*] on the current opening. Embarrassing, cheap, lame!

I don't think I've ever seen a Molly scene in my life, but I don't like this current actress. She seems like some Tiktoker that got lucky and is now cosplaying as an actress.

During the scene with Sam/Kristina there was a moment of extremely clunky Passions type exposition/dialogue. Doesn't say much for Elizabeth Korte's talent if she wrote the script.

I didn't mind the Drew/Jordan scene in the gym. Cameron Mathison's biceps did the trick for me, and I wouldn't be mad at the prettiness of Drew/Jordan getting together, and then leaving town.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

On Wednesday during the break-up when Drew said that he's a businessman, it made me feel like they were writing for Jax and not Drew.  Drew's insecurities about Jason felt Jax-like.  And, the whole idea of buying a magazine to give to Carly to run doesn't seem inline with the character.  I guess Drew has learned some business lessons from working with Michael and Ned, but that never seemed like the character's main interest. 

Edited by j swift

• Members

What if Jagger had Jason go undercover at Pikeman but he found out about the killings and went rogue to find out who the big bad is

Jagger is basically Jason's handler at the FBI

• Members
Posted (edited)

I may have been imprecise because I understand that Drew is a now magically a businessman.

However, I think Jax and Drew are both guilty of telling Carly that she's ungrateful for things that she never asked for in the first place.  They're both quick to argue, “look what I've done for you”, when in reality they never knew what was desirable to her.  It's like asking why don't you love this gift that I bought you, even though it is ugly and the wrong size.

Edited by j swift

• Members

I don't really think Jax is guilty of that.  Carly wanted stability, she wanted a safe life for her children, she wanted to open the hotel with Jax, etc. etc.  Jax gave her exactly what she asked for.  Carly just decided she didn't want it.  Was Jax way too intense at points?  Yes, but Carly was pretty much always ungrateful for what Jax did for her.

Drew giving Carly (a nursing school dropout) a magazine is a bit different.

• Members

I agree -- that open is really bad.

GH uses far too many headshots every day, for one thing. By the time the open is over, you cannot remember who was in it. Having the photos keep pace with the music does not work here.

The photos themselves are a huge problem. Some look unfiltered, while others look filtered to death. Some look natural, while others look like caricatures or cartoons. Some show the actor looking attractive while others....do not. It looks like 3 separate teams worked on the photos and never spoke to each other.

• Members

They also use the toddlers and small children and every recurring player. It's ridiculous and screams Ellen Wheeler's Guiding Light.

They surely have enough money to take another shot at Faces of the Heart. How much can it cost?

• Members
Posted (edited)

Well, she didn't want Joss to die either.  And while it's a ridiculous retcon story, it's not like Carly would not have agreed to it if Jax asked.  This is Carly.  She has no problem breaking the law if it suits her own purpose.   See pretty much everything she's done for the last 30 years lol

Yeah, Jax didn't like Jason but he was way more obsessed with Sonny for a variety of reasons but mostly because Carly kept oopsie sleeping with him lol

Edited by carolineg