ALL: Characters that have outlived their current usefulness

• Members

I feel like that implies he was useful at one time.

It would honestly take me too long to list the GH/Days cast members.  But I would cast my vote for Kristen on Days and Maxie on GH.

Edited by carolineg

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It's funny because in the 90s and early 2000s soaps were lambasted for unceremoniously getting rid of vets and filling the casts with hair models and now they're drowning in characters with 40+ years of history.

Y&R is nothing but veteran characters with decades of exhausted story written as if it's still 1995. And they put no effort into any newer character. I think the last "new" character they genuinely invested in still on the canvas is Adam and he joined the show as an adult over a decade ago.

GH can get rid of Finn, his brother, his father, his child. The entire family GONE. Bye. Along with Cody, Sasha, Dex (that or recast, a mob hitman should not be perpetually on the verge of sobbing), Curtis, Jordan, Uncle Remus (sorry to that man), Molly, TJ.

Have I eliminated most of the black cast? Yes. Why? They suck. Portia and Trina have all the potential, build out of them.

And finally Valentin. I'd bookend James Patrick Stuart's soap career and do a big "Who Killed Valentin?" story. Use one of the characters we're getting rid of as the culprit.

• Errol changed the title to ALL: Characters that have outlived their current usefulness
  • Members

GH: Maxie! Willow. Curtis, Portia, Uncle Remus , 
Y&R: I know people will hate me for it but Devon. Bruh. He’s the most boring character and yet they throw so much work to him while others suffer. 
Elena… God she has been nothing but boring on GH and keeps on being boring on Y&R 

Victor! I’m  not even sorry to say that but I can’t take his tough guy attitude anymore. Yes he is doing his „workout“ but any one could take him on lol

Christine and Danny. Just give them their happy ending and sent them packing ffs.

B&B: tough decision coz I don’t know. Liam would be too easy to name drop but I like Scott since my childhood on GH. He can stay for nostalgia reasons lol But Stefy could be ended for a while… 

Brooke. As much as I love people staying a whole lifetime on a show but damn. She had the same 5 scripts for 35+ years. 

Days: that show wasted material for 3 years with Charlie‘s death and wasted Tripp, Allie, Steve, Kayla after it. With Charlie as a villain with mommy issues we could’ve had a great soap again. 

Rafe! I know, I know.. Everyone loves that dude since passions. But come on. He had nothing memorable on Days going on. It wouldn’t even make a difference if his character was gone by tomorrow. 
Theresa! Leo

Edited by AMCOLTLLover

• Members

I totally forgot about her and didn't realize she wasn't even still part of the cast! I think they had an opportunity to have her turn to the dark side after what happened with Nate, but as always lately, this show avoids drama as if it's a mandate. 

• Members

Young and the Restless:

Victor Newman...time for his character to be retired.  His departure would open up new stories for Nikki, Jack, Nick, Vicki, etc.

Days:

Leo

Rafe

B&B:

Brooke

Ridge

Liam

I don't watch GH so can't say.