GH: February 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

That..doesn't correlate at all to me.  Underage teen drinking is pretty normal and does not equal hitman in the future to me.  I guess they are starting the Jason stuff now and not the episode before he shows up so I can appreciate that. 

Also, is Sam not an adrenaline junkie as well?

• Members

She often has been.

I will give Sam credit for a few things; after Jason 'died' not long after Danny was born, Sam made a concerted effort to clean up her life and get away from the action junkie bullshít she and Jason had lived for for years (this was another reason it boggled my mind when Guza and co. or Wolf or whoever first decided it was time to finally reward the Jasam fans with a baby; the couple had literally never prioritized a safe home and family). She told everyone she was putting it behind her for her son, she got with less dangerous men like Silas and Patrick and became much more grounded as a civilian for a long stretch. It was when Jason (well, Drew and then Jason) came back that she went back to diving into trouble again more. It's a recurring addiction. But she has grown a lot, she's just often backslid as well.

But the writing is correct to a point here. Jason was devoted to the life and had zero interest in leaving it behind. He lived for the business and for that action. So elements of that desire can easily be present in their son.

• Members

Okay fair.  I never thought about Sam really leaving that world behind because Sam parenting is zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz to me.  But I guess she's dating a cop now, so her trajectory is upward.

I just wouldn't necessarily say Danny's behavior is tied to Jason.  I'll allow it because it seems like the show is trying to at least tie some of Jason's risky behavior into all this.  I just don't know how big a part of Danny's life Sbu's Jason ever was.

• Members

I would never call Jason a great or present parent (despite the brief whitewash job they attempted on him with Jake, where Hudson West's Jake had a deep bond with Billy Miller's Drew-as-Jason). But the shadow of Jason Morgan does loom very large over PC. The kid could easily have picked up on the local legend. Me, I would chalk it up to being about that and about the aspects of Sam herself that she's not necessarily coming to terms with.

• Members

I agree.

I was just thinking Sam was conning and marrying several men by the time she was 25, so by nature she might be the problem.  For the life of me I can't remember any substantial Danny/Jason scenes at all, so I guess the entire parenting narrative on Jason is open.  I think we are gearing up for Danny to be a problem child for Jason/Sam and it would help if I could even recall what Danny looks like.