GH: February 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

To make Wally Kurth's life miserable?

But seriously.  I don't think there's much you could do with a record producer in Port Charles, ties to the canvas or no ties; and I can't see Lois all-of-a-sudden working in some capacity at ELQ or at the hospital either.  The fact is, Lois belongs with Ned, but we know that's not gonna happen, so what's the point?

I still think it's a shame how GH landed Gregory Harrison and then proceeded to waste him on a nothing character.  

Edited by Khan

• Members

I always questioned bringing Lois back if you couldn't put her with Ned, but the fact is it's done, she's here and Rena is still very good when given half a scrap of vaguely passable material. So if she's happy being here and wants to continue the least they can do is write good story for her and find a new role for her on canvas that makes Lois have a real purpose and direction. It would be a huge waste to let her go when there are at least 10-15 characters far more ready for dropping.

Gregory Harrison was very hot in the '80s, but I just find Benjamin Franklin Gregory boring to watch for extended periods. Yes, he's an austere fellow and has a bit of chemistry with Tracy but his storyline and family just hold no lasting interest for me.

• Members

I know she's predominately a music producer but what about tapping into her cooking side? Opens and / or works at a restaurant of some kind? I know it isn't... the most thrilling, but it'd be a nice change of pace for Lois. Maybe even working with Curtis at The Savoy to produce musical talent for performances, booking events, et al.

• Members

That just feels like forcing Lois into the already staid framework of the current show to me. I'd rather build new things out including a place for her - entertainment businesses on soaps can be tricky to depict but we don't need to see her making music or whatever to make something work. It's not like I'd be brokenhearted if Aurora, etc. went away to make room.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Oh yes, I saw her in the 80s. FORTY years ago. She looks a lot better with shorter hair, imo.

These long, wavy strands of hair hanging heavily all around her front look very silly on a person of her stature. I feel the same way about Genie/Laura's long hippie hair, but they keep Laura's flatly brushed and mostly pulled behind her head so it usually doesn't look so age-inappropriate.

• Members

Do you believe in those rules that say that after a certain age you can't have long hair, can't wear certain things, etc.? Personally I think they are bunk. But, I wear my hair short these days & the last time I had it long, down my back I was, I think, 44 or 45. So maybe I don't really think they're bunk. Who knows. And also who cares. One thing I do know is that they will not get my fun t-shirts & my jeans away from me till they pry them out of my cold dead fingers. NO WAY! 

• Members

It's clear to me that GH just jumped to get Rena with no plan.  Rena/Wally are adamant on Ned/Lois not reuniting and that's pretty much the story Lois/Ned fans have been waiting for all this time.  So this means you have to a solid idea for Lois outside what was her main story previously.  I don't have a problem with her moving on from Ned, but I don't know who on the current canvas I would pair her with.  I think there is some way to incorporate her career and move Brook Lynn out of Deception and the two of them could build something in PC together with that with Blaze maybe?  Hopefully, the new writers will figure it out.  I honestly love Rena/Lois, but I am not sure she actually fits on the current show.

• Members

I'm sure you're right that they had no plan to begin with. 

It seems to me that there are two wild cards - Lois & Tracy. But, with Tracy they know tons of things they can involve her in. I think moving her into the end (one hopes) of the SEC story was their first attempt at using her in regular story - and I think it worked. Even had some legs to it since she & Olivia had to come to terms. 

So, now, it's just a question of what else they can throw Lois towards. At least that's what I think. It might be a pairing but it might not. I don't think it has to be.