BOLD: casting for new contract role

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

LMAO please tell me you're joking? He can barely write for the character's he does have, and while he started out somewhat great with a trans character Maya, he ended up making her totally unlikable and unrootable 

Just think what he'd do with a gay character. He'd do a ReRon and write every single gay sterotype there is 

Edited by dragonflies

• Members

I’ve always suspected that Brad is a closeted homosexual.

The way Ron writes gay characters is in line with the gay men I’ve interacted with over the years, especially Leo, so I don’t have a problem with that. 

• Members

While Luna is a good START for some diversity the show needs a lot more to be relevant to 2024 and any potential new viewers. Not that I feel like they're even trying to get any new viewers at this point or to make the stories modern and forward-thinking.

The fact that there are NO LATINO characters in a show set in Los Angeles is insane nor any gay characters at a fashion house (???) How many straight male fashion designers exist??? The few of them must ALL work at FC, I guess.

LSV is probably the hottest man on the show, and they do zilch with him besides have characters randomly tell him he's "like family." It's like what racist white people used to say about their servants. "Oh, he's like family!"

They kind of started to give Zende a story and that seemed to suddenly stop, too. He should have left FC and did his own fashion start up from the bottom to provide contrast to FC and some sort of new conflict!

I think someone accidently locked Paris in a closet, and no one noticed she's been MIA for months. Although, I have to admit the character always came across as VERY flat to me. No spark even though everyone would tell her how "amazing" she was for a bit a there.

Yet, we get repeated dialogue about how Thomas has changed. I mean, who would date the dude that told them their baby was dead. For real? I don't care how good of a lay he was.

Steffy and Finn smooch and tell each other how amazing the other is.

Ridge is always insufferable and self-absorbed.

Liam...don't get me started.

And the same lines are repeated every episode as if AI writes the scripts now.

I really think I'm hate watching the show at this point...lol.

• Members

The lack of gay main characters in 38 years of show is... telling. 

The lack of gay main characters in 38 years of show is... telling. 

P.S there was a little moment in which they joked with the idea of Brooke finding Ridge on a gay pride... it was written very badly... but it got me thinking. Imagine Brooke finding out her man is cheating with a man. Now that would be a scandal for ages to come. They need to do it.