ALL: Storylines that started out being hated but ended up beloved?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Now, me, I loved Rose/Lily from the get-go & was only mad when they cut it short. The only thing about it that bugged me is this idea that this husband could have sex with the twin & not know it was her. That always bothers me. I just find it not at all credible. 

The late great AMC/OLTL crossover with baby swap, helicopter crash in the woods & 2 pregnant women giving birth under primitive circumstances when 2 babies were born but then suddenly there was only one. I began hating this because there was no way to keep up with it except to watch both shows. So for me, already busy with many soaps it meant I had to add OLTL. This really annoyed me!! But, it turned out to be SUCH a great story, told like it was a well-oiled machine. 

Edited by Donna L. Bridges
one thing more

• Members

I was also going to add the Simon/Katie mess lead to Katie’s downfall/comeuppance at the WOAK at the Endicott Awards, and then Simon & Katie developed into a popular coupling once they were finally paired together late 2000-02. I never understood why the show later decimated their chemistry every time Simon returned. 

Another story that comes to mind is on Days the whole Subsex/Subspawn story with the JT/Zach paternity and baby switch was widely loathed and decried until the story’s final weeks/months when the story came to a surprisingly satisfying conclusion. 

On Y&R a lot of people found the Veronica Landers as Sarah the Maid story ridiculous but the moment Veronica lost it and shot both Joshua and Nikki, the rest is history. 

Edited by soapfan770

• 2 weeks later...
  • Errol changed the title to ALL: Storylines that started out being hated but ended up beloved?