• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yep. Susan turned them down, then Sarah was approached because I guess in his mind who could resist the casting coup of her and Michael Easton lol. IIRC she turned it down for some of the same reasons (I think Susan both didn't like Higley's pitch and was pregnant) and that's how in the eleventh hour we got Christina Chambers.

• Members

Like Howarth but even moreso, Easton is limited. He reached the upper limits of what he was capable of a long time ago lol. Finn came on surprisingly interesting at first despite my disgust for ME's return hire; he was a quirky, strange character who had instant chemistry with Jane Elliot in their intro story together. But they moved him away from Tracy (which could've been a real May-December romance) into more conventional, McBain-esque limp mystery/intrigue storylines with 'hot' stars like Rebecca Budig that didn't pan out, then later desperation throws with fan faves Finola and finally Becky.

Anything that was novel about Finn at the beginning has been gone for years, and he was best on this show as McBain - a character I utterly loathed on OLTL but who had found a decent niche on GH IMO, always chasing the next caper for the police with no regard for the mob. Like Todd for Howarth, it should've ended there for ME.

I don't believe for a second that Maura West dropped a dime on him, Donna. Those two have gotten along like gangbusters since their first scenes as Franco and Ava ten years ago (and they had real chemistry back then despite the disgusting character RH was playing). She gushed about him as recently as this past summer. She's been doing it off and on for the past decade.

Edited by Vee

• Members

"Dropped a dime on" sounds like someone tattling on someone about something no one knows they did. So, no, that's not what I'm suggesting at all. You can believe it or not, which is fine.

But, 1. The perception is that RH was phoning it in. 2. Maura is known as someone who does not tolerate anyone giving less than 100%. 3. I am sure she will continue to have the same positive reaction to & about him in public.

• Members

Look at the ratings, and look at what I am sure was a decent contract. If ABC got involved, they made the right decision here, no matter how much Frank loves him. Something needs to change, and this is hopefully the first of a few things (Easton next).

It is funny everywhere else I visit with soap commentary online people are always so into Roger Howarth. Not Easton so much though.

I do agree that his soap career is based solely on what he did during his first run as Todd. He never hit that high note again, even when he came back to OLTL the first time.

Interesting. I preferred Holroyd by a mile.