Days: July 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yeah, Caroline was definitely the type of Mother-in-Law with a thumb so hard on her son's neck that their wives had to pretend to like everything she made. 

I mean, you can't tell me that Hope, who grew up on the cooking of Robert LeClair, was really down for Caroline's chowder.  And, I seriously doubt that Roman's cooking is any better.

Edited by j swift

• Members

I actually am shocked someone like Kate would put up with Chowder and a room above the Pub.  Although I will say I really like Clam Chowder, so I am not judging.  I don't ever think Roman was exactly the best choice to run the Pub, but it's just by default I suppose.  Someone like Kim would work a lot better.

• Members

I know this is well trod territory, but Kate and Roman are an especially odd coupling given everything that she's done to Sami.  It is ironic that Sami still hold a grudge against John, meanwhile her beloved father married the woman who almost got her executed on death row!

That being said, I like the chemistry between the two actors and I enjoy their love story.

• Members

I don't think Sami approves of or even likes Kate.  Sami has genuinely always been against it.  It's easy to ignore when she's not around.  I think the show just really likes to hang on to the John/Sami rivalry and plays it up.  I also think you can put a lot of it on John being part of Sami's childhood trauma and she in particular likes to blame all her bad choices on that.   I think the show cares a lot more about John/Marlena vs. Roman/Kate.  Not Kate, the shows seems invested in Kate, but just Roman in general.  I don't personally think Roman ever gets a strong point of view on Kate's misdeeds or much of anything lol.  I have often thought it was incredibly rude John/Marlena have date nights and anniversaries at the Pub as well.  I know bygones and all, but seriously? 

I actually don't mind Kate/Roman either though.

• Members

Today, I actually found the Whitley story interesting. Too bad it couldn’t be like this more often. And I still don’t the point of all the Body and Soul crap. Glad that that’s over. 

And I was glad to see Stephanie call Alex out on all of his crap. She was definitely written intelligently today. Just because Alex is hot doesn’t mean his behavior is ok

Please register in order to view this content

I might have had some sympathy for him, but it always comes down to RSW’s portrayal. He still has some trouble playing sympathetic. 

I still hope this storyline continues like this though. No one has to be dumbed down in order to make it work. 

• Members

I was glad to see Lani. She's sorely missed on the show.

Glad I missed all of the Whitley story. Glad it ended today. The ending was so anticlimactic. Deidre acting today was awful. The apartment is filling up with gas yet everyone is calm about it and apparently it doesn't take anyone down.  No one bothered to shut off the gas or call backup to help out. What a mess.

Alex aka Ben 2.0 is still stalking Stephanie. They should've just fired RSW. He is useless on this show.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

I'm just so glad it's over! They're still going to have to play out Abe's status. At the bare minimum he's going to be confused. If he is over his amnesia then it is just going to be explaining the kidnapping & hostage situation. 

The actress who plays Jada is so good at all the cop stuff. From entering with gun drawn to reading of Miranda rights, she just nails it all. 

Yeah, finally Steph lit into Alex. When she speaks up, she makes the right points. Alex the jerk who is in therapy. What an effin joke he is. 

• Members

If they had to keep RSW I have no idea why they just didn't keep him as Ben.  Ciara and Ben could still have their happy ending, but we just see Ben a lot more.  VK can film her usual few weeks and Days can just spread out her appearances and say she's off visiting Bo a lot.  Sonny and Will did it for months.  Maggie is still married to Victor and in stories without Victor being in her scenes.   Now, I have no idea where you go with Ben as a character, but it seems a heck of a lot easier than creating an entirely new annoying character for him and just hope the audience likes the character and doesn't think it's extremely jarring. 

It's been months and pretty much everyone on this board agrees Alex sucks.  If I were Days I would just quietly cut my losses and fire RSW or bring Ben back.  Obviously we wouldn't see these changes until 2025, but it would be nice to know it was coming.