Days: July 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I see they tried to make us have sympathy for Leo today… but it’s not gonna work. It never works in situations like this. Look at Kristen lol  

I do think it would be a nice, clever twist if Dimitri was playing both Gwen and Leo. Not only because it would be a surprise but because they both kind of deserve it too. 

And he did look hot today. Both in the suit and out of it

Please register in order to view this content

I was glad to see Belle ripping Kristen a new one today too because this whole mess is her fault. I still don’t see how Brady can be brought in without a warrant or evidence though. That reminds me of the soap that I wrote when I was a kid, where everyone was trying to kill each other yet not a single person was arrested

And, that’s a big Hell No on Li and Trask

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

EJ and Stefan live in the same house, but they didn't discuss Megan's assassination attempt until a week later?

Is Harris gone for good?

And now Gabi has a gun?  I will never understand why Peacock censors sex, but not gun violence.  Personally, I'm less offended by a tush and some oral sex double entendres than showing people threatening each other with guns on a semi-weekly basis.

Finally, character reformation is one thing, but Li's involved in a wacky romance plot one week after being responsible for people getting shot in the same bar as his blind date?

Edited by j swift

• Members

So, now it looks like Stephanie’s gonna be a victim of misogynistic writing. She had to know what Alex was trying to do today. I know I would’ve tossed his ass out, no matter how good he looked in the towel and the robe

This storyline is going fine just the way it is. Stephanie doesn’t need to be dumbed down in order for it to happen. 

And that’s still a no on Li and Trask.  I do think they do need to give her more to do though. Or at least give us an explanation as to why she’s always so angry and miserable. 

Again, for me, it’s not really the story choices (except for this Abe crap, but that was clearly a Jamey idea lol), it’s the execution of it all. 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Well, sure as shooting, it is happening. And, with the bonus factor that Kristen knows about it because Rachel told her they were having a sleepover! Yeah, one with no jammies. 

@j swift  Surely it would be too good for Harris to be gone! Could we have that one nice thing? We've been pretty darn good. And, yeah, I hope John rips him a new one over taking the gun. But, why does he have the code to the gunsafe?!! That was a mistake. 

Edited by Donna L. Bridges
typo

• Members

Catching up, just started July… 

I’m pretty darn sure the good looking gentleman on the left was partying it up with Paul and papa John at last year’s San Francisco pride party on Beyond Salem 2. The extras in theses scene were cracking me up. 

I now understand why Steve Burton always wore black T-shirts on GH — to conceal his pit sweat. A lil Botox will help with that; you can siphon some out from Galen Gering’s forehead. 

Edited by Gray Bunny

• Members

I like Trask too and think she needs more to do.  The whole Li/Trask thing feels racist.  Maybe I am just being sensitive, but let's just pair the two non-related Asian characters together because they must have tons in common.  Seems lazy.

I had high hopes for Stephanie and liked the recast initially, but she is boring now.  She is the blandest heroine on the show.  

• Members

True on both points. Stephanie should be a lot more mature and a better business owner. Unfortunately the actress reminds me of a cheerleader (

) rather than someone that has been living on her own for years and apparently running her own business.

• Members

Do Chad, Stephanie, Alex, Chloe, and Xander all live in the same building?  If so, that's sort of cute.

It is amusing on these tiny sets when someone pulls another person aside to talk, as if everyone in the room can't hear them.  I mean, it's Salem, and if everyone can hear each other conversations in the Kiriakis Mansion, I think they can hear each other in their tiny kitchenette.  BTW, are people ordering Chinese food and pizza because their kitchens are too small to cook?

I assume that we'll see the fall out of Lani and Abe on Friday, but today's dialogue indicated that it is now almost 8pm in Salem, so Whitley must have a huge supply of drugs at her place in order to keep injecting them every few hours.

Unpopular opinion, Li grew on me today.  Although Trask having drinks with the defendant in an upcoming case that she's prosecuting is just as unethical as Rafe and Jada dating (maybe that's the point?), Li felt much more natural today and charming.

• Members

I actually don't think it's AK's fault.  She seems capable and is a decent recast in theory.  She's just written so blandly.  I swear the show was trolling us the other week when Stephanie was going through different colors of beige paints.  She is just so beige.  And AK does give popular girl/cheerleader vibes, but I don't think that's bad for Stephanie.  She's very similar to Hennig, but very far away from Shayna Rose (I hope I am getting her name right) and her different take on the character.

• Members

Alex lives across the hall from Chad and Stephanie. And nothings been said onscreen, but since their kitchen is identical to Chloe and Xander’s, I guess it makes sense for them to live in the same building lol 

Edited by AbcNbc247