2023 Writers + Actors Strike Thread

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Unbelievable stuff. And as someone who's been screwed in other ways not connected to this strike but not dissimilar in this business, just harrowing to read.

Matt Damon was misquoted on this by Deadline to make it sound pro-studio and his lawyers came down hard on them to correct it. I think these are his full remarks:

The great Lois Smith, Llanview's own Aunt Betsy Cramer from OLTL and a legendary character actor of cinema (I could not believe OLTL got her at that time for such a silly part), quoted by Mark Ruffalo:

LOL at Cox calling out the DGA. You can never muzzle him.

• Members

I’m glad these issues are finally seeing the light of day, as they’ve been the topics of industry blogs and discussions for some time now.

Here’s a NYTimes article about SAG president Fran Drescher that contains a quote/tweet from soap vet Nancy Lee Grahn.

https://news.yahoo.com/once-nanny-now-center-stage-113635415.html

• Members

I guess none of you saw her discussing how she was raped or her cancer battle. While she played a humorous character and is known for that Fran Drescher love her or hate her is a lot more than just the nanny.