Favorite Eccentrics, Oddballs, and Weirdos

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Good shout on Nadine. And Jean Carol gave her such heart. That they threw her away so callously still bothers me.

Celeste on DAYS is another. She could have been an absolutely RIDICULOUS character with that accent, but Tanya Boyd gave her so much depth.

• Members

Nadine was such a good example of a "quirky" character. She was not weird for weird sake. She was the random Auntie that you loved sitting next to at parties because you knew you were going to be entertained. She was also a viable romantic lead.

• Members

I looooooooved Luna on OLTL. I had never seen anything like her as a kid. And since I was from the South, someone on tv with the hint of a country accent was news to me. 

And then...Celeste on DAYS. The beauty. The passion. That accent and fashion! The sophistication that dipped off her. And when it comes to villains, I love female henchwomen so she was perfection. And she gave such an allure of mystery, too. I could not get enough of her growing up. 

• Members

GH had so many over the years, but my absolute favorite is probably OLTL's Foxy Roxy with her bravado, messiness and humor.  Ilene Kristen is so talented and her character was so fun.  Such a scene stealer!  I never saw her on Ryan's Hope-- was Delia more serious?  That GH cameo Delia made wasn't very interesting, but that's probably due to the writing and the brevity.

• Members

Does Marian Colby Chandler count? She was such a caricature, a snob who could even out snob Phoebe Wallingford! For decades, she would sleep with anything breathing with a six pack. I remember at the 25th anniversary Martin Housewarming her sole role was making the young men in the group uncomfortable, "Oh my, is young Charlie Brent!"

As much as I loved Marian/Stuart, I wish she kept more of interloping personality. She was never meant to become a matriarch/ grandmother. She was a trouble maker. I wish there was a place where she could have worked and become the busy body/ pot-stirrer. Like how Pam was the nosy secretary at Forrester Creations on B&B. Maybe she could have become a nosey Hospital Administrator and become the talk-to character for the Angie, Frank, Jake, Cara, Rey, Joe and the other hospital gang. Heck, Opal used to volunteer at the hospital all the time, so she would have her bestie by her side.

• Members

I want to love Leanna's return but her performance is so stilted. I think a lot of it is the writing/ directing. She seems to be scheming for scheming's sake. How many times can she interlope and say, "did I just overhear..."

She was a smarter and sharper character in her earlier runs. She was not just a listener/repeater, she was a plotter. Her machinations were memorable. She was the type of character that never needed an excuse to do the wrong thing. Now she's just a nosey yenta.

See below for an example of Leana's quirkiness in full effect: