Netflix: Dahmer - Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

Netflix: Dahmer - Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story

The story of one of the most notorious serial killers in the United States, largely told from the points of view of his victims.

STUDIO: Ryan Murphy Productions
GENRE: Biography, Crime, Drama, Thriller, Mini-Series
STARRING: Evan Peters, Richard Jenkins, Penelope Ann Miller, Molly Ringwald, Niecy Nash

Dahmer: S01E01

Edited by Noel

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm just about the production and directing. Ryan Murphy for me is kind of 50/50. I feel that his mini-series are very well done (so far), but when it comes to an actual series, that's up for discussion, lol! I loved both Nip/Tuck and American Horror Story at first, but then, something happened. I think this mini-series (as compared to other movies) kind of dives more into his thought processes as well as the family imbalance he had. Of course, it's no damn excuse for what he did.

I'm trying to think of the other serial killer who had an autobiography book released back in 1995? I hope I have the year correct. I forgot his name though. He mostly picked up women hitchhikers and I believe raped them, but then, all of that got boring for him and he picked up a dude hitchhiker. It was one of those books where I read the WHOLE book in one day. I don't recall myself ever taking a break from it. 

Sometimes, it's good to discover other shows. I'm learning this now as I'm no longer studying, conducting research, and writing papers like a maniac. Hell, it beats low-budget soaps. 

No, our love for soaps should always be respected. 

Edited by Noel

• Members

My rule is if it's Ryan Murphy it's bad, and likely anti-gay to boot. I wish I could say I was surprised he is peddling this show at a time of ever-increasing  virulence toward the lgbt community. I hope getting Evan Peters to show his ass once more is worth it.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Just out of curioity here (since we've had this discussion per House of the Dragon), are you willing to disclose if you live in a rural or an urban area? Are you a Baby Boomer? 

Edited by Noel

• Members

Thank you. I’ve been seeing a lot of people talk about this series recently. I’m sure Evan Peters did a good job as I’ve head. However I refuse to watch it knowing who the producer and his history of other crappy “docudrama” series in addition to shows like Nip/Tuck, Glee, and American Horror Story etc. either imploding in a blaze of glory or inspiring righteous indignation. 

• Members

Yeah, I'm just sort of "familiar" with a name. Kind of like the way I'm "familiar" with Jerry Bruckheimer. I think a month ago, I read an article somewhere about Ryan Murphy and how he kind of draws in the Gen Z and Gen Y audience as they grew up on Glee and American Horror Story. In my opinion, this mini-series is not bad. I guess for me, I didn't know Jeffrey Dahmer's outcome when he was beaten to death by a fellow inmate. I was wondering why this one character had so much beef with him when Jeffrey Dahmer got baptisized in the name of the father, son, and holy ghost.

Edited by Noel

• Members

I am Gen Y, and I remember when Murphy was on the come-up. He was shít then too. Ryan Murphy turning any and every important story into j/o/stan fodder over his lust and worship for Evan Peters or a variety of other men and women is not appealing to me. I'm a little amazed Peters still works with him at this point.

Murphy's always had the creative integrity of a subway puddle, but he's managed to buy his way into seeming important and not like the huckster he is through connections and sheer grim force of will. I think that bubble burst some time ago for him in the eyes of the larger public being a bit tired of him, but as long as he has money and influence he'll continue to keep slapping his name on every "Big" topic out there until he ages out of his career or gets MeToo'ed or something.

Edited by Vee