• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Toups changed the title to DAYS: Carlivati Interview
  • Members

I learned something about one of the DOOL Writing Reels from an interview Michael Fairman did with Ron about Beyond Salem. One of the writers on that winning team was Betsy Snyder, RIP. After hearing about her & this I went & wrote up her whole career & posted it so you should be able to find it & read it if you're interested. She was one fantastic lady, clearly, and a fine fine writer. Worked on tons of shows over the years. Was 60, died last Nov. 2021, of cancer & then another cancer under the first. She even died pretty quickly. She did the breakdown writing for one whole episode that was submitted by DOOL for Writing. She wrote the whole outline of the episode. It was when the Devil 2.0 was just getting started. (I hated that story but a good script is a good script.) Doug was in Marlena's office being evaluated in case he was getting Alzheimer's because of strange things he'd been saying & doing. In reality the devil was in Doug & wanted to use Doug as a vehicle to JUMP over into Marlena. The show was amazing. Bill Hayes at his advanced age was wonderful! The devil tricked Marlena into taking him into her by playing on how much she cared about this dear friend & patient. So, I have spent all this time fretting that DOOL won Writing Awards, the only awards for soap writing that there are, and now I can replay that show in my head & know that in fact it was excellence in writing.

I looked in YouTube for a full episode but I didn't find one. There are several short clips of Doug & Marlena from that day.

• Members

Carlivati: "There is a major (pause) hmmm, I could tease. Another major character is going to be killed."

Fairman: "Another character is going to be killed?"

Carlivati: "Is going to be killed. In the near (pause) fairly in the near future."

Fairman: Does that mean killed, or will they be back in a month?" (chuckles)

Carlivati: "Killed."

-------

Greg Vaughn signed a six month contract. BAM! It's Eric. 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

No. In the same interview, just a couple of minutes before Ron made that mention of a character being killed, Ron said that now that Nicole is married to Rafe, it will be explored if Eric goes to someone new.   They're going to do Eric's love life, not kill him off.

Also Deidre posted a picture of herself with Greg Vaughan on her facebook in mid-June, indicating that they'd filmed together that day.
https://www.facebook.com/100044348263490/posts/585521669602770/
And he posted on his instagram story that day a picture of the Burbank studios indicating that he was working.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Well, is there any update if he's going to sign another 6-month contract? I don't get the point of writing Eric's new love life if he's only going to stick around for 6 months. Well, unless GV signs a new contract. Then again, he could be recurring I suppose. 

ETA: I avoid Facebook like the plague unless my mom wants to text me something on Facebook Messenger. That's the only time I go on Facebook. Deidre posts: "Sweet Day". To me, that's not an indicator that validates they did indeed work together that day as the picture could have been taken several months ago, lol! However, observing both of their clothing, it looks like autumn wear.

Sheesh, I don't follow soap stars on social media. It's already enough that I have friends that are that egocentric about themselves that they post how cute they look while smoking a cigarette and "wearing" panda ears. 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Noel

• Members

thank gawd they are *finally* uncoupling Eric from the Nicole trainwreck. And I hope we get more Sami/Eric scenes. And I'm guessing now that Xander/Sarah are "happy" Eric will throw a big wrench in that? Hope so! Maybe, Eric/Gaby? Hmm!