Beyond Salem Chapter 2 Discussion Thread

• Members

How did Marlena get to Hong Kong so quickly lol.  I wish they made the prisms look cooler than plastic square blocks though lol.  I also wish Steve Burton played something other than Jason with this. The Bo/Hope scenes were nice.  BS2 isn't great, but it's watchable and I am enjoying it.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Actually Caroline said it.

I wish he wasn't in every other scene but I'm glad that he's not playing Jason. He's multi-syllabic, smiles often, doesn't grunt, isn't wearing black, really has a lot of lines, ... all of that is non-J. The only thing he has in common is reaching for a serious handgun often.

• Members

Hey, I like Steve Burton more than most here, but he's playing Jason with his stoic demeanor and cold line delivery.  Think of how Steve played Jason Q compared to Jason Morgan.  There was an earnestness and likability to him.  Even early Jason Morgan had that.  The only difference here is that SBu is playing the bad guy not the hero.  

• Members

Oh, I love Jason Q. I miss the Golden Boy. I'm seeing & hearing warmth that you're not, like every time he smiles with his line delivery. Of course we do see a meanness to him when he is communicating just with Megan Hathaway. All told, i just see more acting variety in this character. Just we disagree, no biggie. Curious, did you ever figure out anything about the DOOL friendships with him, Scott Reeves, Missy, etc.?

• Members

I'm not the person you asked, but I think there may have been photoshoots in 1988 with Steve Burton, Missy Brennan Reeves,  etc -- when the characters Eve, Jennifer, Harris Michaels, and Frankie were all airing.  That would have been before Missy married Scott Reeves.

In more recent years, the Burton and Reeves families were all living in the Nashville area.  But Burton is in process of divorcing and I'm not sure where he lives now.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

The Bope material today was really nice, and I love that they sprang for the song (and wove it into the Hong Kong gala). That said... we did all this in 2016 during Hope's standalone episode at the Horton cabin. Angel Bo appeared to Hope. Grown-up Angel Zack was there. Even Larry Welch was there to be an ass for a minute. And Bo and Hope had a goodbye dance to "Tonight I Celebrate My Love." So if this is the extent of the reunion... what was the point? I'm holding out hope for some progression tomorrow.

• Members

It was all ridiculous!

Redoing Hope shooting was stupid as hell!!

Steve Burton is playing Jason on BS2.

It's a shame Zach was killed off. He could've been part of the gay scene.

The Hope and Bo scenes dragged. 

Paul extending his hand to Andrew to slow dance was the best part of the whole episode. Too bad if you blinked you missed their dance and two minute appearance.

John and Steve.... Lord that was cringe worthy bad.

Remington Hoffman sucks. He can't act.

I'm so tired of hearing of prisms. They look like ice cubes.