YR Promo week of June 20th: Phyllis's Revenge.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I read something that tells what Phyllis and Diane are saying outwardly to most of the other characters.  (This is in contrast to the promo where the viewers see what Phyllis is really thinking when she tells Michael.)  This is a summary:

Phyllis returns home from her visit to see Daniel. Phyllis tells Summer that she had a realization:  The realization was that she needed to let go of anger so that she could move on with life – specifically her anger at Diane.

Summer is like Really? Okay then show me that this is real, and Phyllis says ok.

Summer brings Diane and Phyllis together at Chancellor Park. Phyllis suggests to Diane that they put aside all their bad feelings for the sake of their children.  Diane agrees gladly.

Afterwards, Phyllis and Diane (separately) reach out to Jack to tell him about the olive branch breakthrough.

Diane sees Jack in person and tells him.  Jack notices that Diane *seems* to be doing all the right things.  He tries to give Diane the benefit of the doubt because of Kyle.

Phyllis texts Jack that she wants to meet. Jack is cautious and agrees to give her five minutes.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

The Y&R youtube channel uploads a new short 2-minute or 3-minute clip daily. Each clip is from whatever episode airs in the US on that date. 

This clip seems to be two episodes early.  This has not aired in the US yet.  Nor was it in the Canadian day-ahead episode. 

(That YT channel is US only, so you'd probably have to watch on a VPN if you're outside the USA.)

I think this will air Tues. 21 June in US, or Mon. 20 June in Canada (unless another preemption delays it).
This is the scene where Phyllis has just arrived home from visiting Daniel and she tells Summer that she wants peace, and Summer says okay prove it and meet with Diane right now:

EDIT -- well the clip was up for 48 hours ...
And then the Y&R youtube channel finally caught their error and made it "private" to everyone, even in the USA.
I think will become viewable again on Tues. June 21 or Wed. June 22.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Here is the "Next Week on Y&R" clip with tidbits for week of June 20.

Chloe/Chelsea with Gloria!

Victor/Nick

Kyle/Diane/Jack
Diane says "Phyllis has declared a truce with me. Wild, huh? ! "

Imani/Amanda

Edited by janea4old

• Members

My thoughts:

The first thing I saw was the write-up and I was like what?  Phyllis wants a truce? The way I read it, she sounds sincere.  I was like what? 

Then I saw the accidentally-early-posted episode clip where Phyllis sounds so zen.  Like she doesn't want that toxic anger anymore.  I was like WHAT? 

Then I saw the "next week on Y&R" clip and I agreed with Diane that this is wild.

Then finally I saw the promo!  Okay then.  That's the real Phyllis.

This reminds me of that article previewing the week of April 4th when Phyllis and Jack meet with Diane in Los Angeles.

Week of April 4th: "In 2002 when they were married, Phyllis could say to Jack that she didn't want that bitch living in their pool house. But she's not married to Jack now and the dynamics have changed.  Plus she has to consider Kyle's feelings.  Phyllis has a plan of how to get this woman out of their lives anyway. Instead of screaming and moaning about Diane being in town she will let her bury herself. Phyllis knows it's only a matter of time before Diane takes herself down."

I remember reading all that months ago, and wondering who/what is this "more mature Phyllis" ? Is it a ruse? Finally now in June we learn yeah it's a ruse.  Phyllis wants Diane gone. She's just going to be sneaky about it.

There was something I read months ago about how there would be a Phyllis/Jack/Diane triangle but the rivalry would be *only* about their offspring, and *not* a romantic rivalry.

Despite the Phyllis/Jack one-night-stand in May, I get that feeling that Phyllis doesn't really want Jack.  She simply doesn't want Diane to have him.  So she's faking this truce to get back on Jack's good side.

• Members

@janea4old Remember there was that funny spoiler a month or so back about “Phyllis weaves a tangled web when she practices to deceive”? I wonder if this is what they were talking about lol. 

But I agree with your assessment and it will be interesting to see Phyllis again in her true form, something we haven’t seen in quite some time. Seeing Phyllis stalk around in a big hat is hilarious. I figured she would be the one to become unhinged at some point which she already has a bit when she has lost it a bit talking to Summer.

At the very least should be a fun summer on this end.

Gloria, Chelsea, and Chloe?

Please register in order to view this content

I thought there was a spoiler about Chelsea going nuts too but so far she’s barely appeared this month. Not that I am complaining lol.

It would be interesting to see if Imani and Amanda have some type of schism.

• Members

I think Chelseas stuff will be happening soon. The next week spoilers say Adam tries to help her.

And Ik some ppl didn't like that 5o podcasts announcement but I'm acrually enjoying how Imnai is slowly turning Nate against everyone. "Oh Devon and Amanda are holding us back etc etc."

• Members

You could be right. I didn't recognize his sillouette from the back, but the hair color matches, with the same whiter sideburn area.

But I cannot imagine Ashland wearing blue jeans. So I don't know.

Maybe Ashland is wearing "dad jeans" for some time with Harrison?

Edited by janea4old