Days of Our Lives: April 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

If only Ron Carlivati had just been clear from the beginning what the devil's motives were in returning to Salem.  I mean, the guy who plays "Mayhem" in those auto insurance commercials has caused more mayhem than the devil has in this story.

Maybe the devil should have inhabited Allie all along (although, I still think Belle or "Father Eric" would have been a more logical choice).

And I can see where Ron is coming from in taking that left turn with Doug, but didn't they say right before the story began that Doug couldn't be somewhere because he'd torn his rotator cuff playing tennis or something?  And we were all like, "He's HOW old and he's still playing tennis?".  It's a little strange to go from that to "Doug might be suffering from Alzheimer's."

Edited by Khan

• Members

Yeah, I am not even sure if RC knew what the Devil's motives were in the beginning.   But even JER was vague about that.  It was more to seduce John to get a priest's soul to take over the world.  I mean that is absolutely a larger scale plan for the Devil, but it didn't actually make sense.  The Devil wants Cin's baby for what?  I am unclear what the end goal is there.

I remember Julie saying Doug was the best in the league/highest scorer in racket ball.   Bill Hayes looks great, but he's 96.  It's clear him and John Aniston aren't running around playing sports, but the show goes out of their way to make them seem young and active which sometimes feels awkward.

100% agree Belle or Eric would have been better devil choices.  I would have absolutely skipped over Johnny as the devil and gone straight to Allie though.  Because LA certainly can grasp and play the material better than CB.