Guiding light alum joins YR

• Members

I find it hard to believe that Sony would can Burgi if he was fully vaccinated and boostered. Yes, he violated the protocol but it feels as if this is a drastic measure given that omicrom is sweeping the nation and it's mild for most.  I wonder if this was Sony's opportunity to cut an unvaccinated cast member. Remember: Nancy Lee Grahn swore on Twitter that other shows are harboring the unvaxx actors, yet no one was fired from the three other shows as were Steve and Ingo.  Burgi may be in that group.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I don't want @Khan to make fun of me ;;-) but this is why I sort of still prefer Billy Miller in the role. Whatever one can say of his acting style and all, he is the only actor she had atually believable and interesting chemistry with and I bought them as star-crossed lovers.
I have a LOT of issue with Jason Thompson as Billy but the main one would be that I see no spark there at all which makes all the Billy/Victoria stuff feel even more tedious.

AH used to have a pretty neat chemistry with Paul Anthony Stewart back on Loving. I'd definitely would not mind having that tasty dish back acting on soaps if Y&R wants to create a new role. 

While my first instinct was to appreciate the transparency on his part, the more cynical me who woke up this morning figures that in Hollywood, people only tell a story that makes them look a bit bad if the real story makes them look really bad.

I have no proof but I am pretty convinced his "breach of Covid protocol" was either a lot more severe in context that he says here or that it wasn't the first time or that there were other factors to which this became the last straw.

Remember the wife's commenting on his firing being "slimey"? In his carefully-spun story, he doesn't present anything that could justify her feeling aggrieved. So there is clearly something else.

Edited by FrenchBug82

• Members

Burgi said "I took the necessary five days that the CDC recommended.  Not within the show’s guidelines, which is a 10-day protocol. So, I inadvertently violated the show’s COVID rules and protocols."

We know that the CDC dropped the quarantine requirement to 5 days before reentering the world. BUT it ALSO added a bullet point stating people who were recently infected should, “Avoid people who are immunocompromised or at high risk for severe disease, and nursing homes and other high-risk settings, until at least after 10 days.” 
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/your-health/quarantine-isolation.html

I bet that's why Y&R is keeping the 10-day quarantine requirement.  Burgi should not have made an assumption. He should have called the show to ask the rules.

^ and I'm saying that .. *if* you believe his statement, then he still shouldn't have made the assumption.

But I don't really believe he told the whole story.

Yeah, I agree, there's more to it.  His statement sounded very carefully crafted.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Detouring off topic for a moment, but assuming money and interest was there, this could be a fun way to celebrate B&B's 35th (or 40th) anniversary. A week of visits from Forrester and Spectra's "former models". Kim as a Cheryl Tiegs type, Kristian Alfonso as "Brooke Shields", etc.

• Members

Robert made a statement on FB

"Thanks to everyone for the sweet posts and messages about my joining the cast of Y&R. I couldn't be more pleased. I've had great respect for the show and it's wonderful cast for many, many years. I'm happy to be a part of it. I had a lovely zoom meeting with Josh Griffith and Anthony Morina last night. We talked quite a bit about the character, and I'm very excited by the scripts I'm getting so far. I'm scared to death, of course, but I think that's healthy.

Please register in order to view this content

It'll be a new adventure and I'm feeling pretty blessed to have the opportunity. Cheers!"

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=278279060955854&id=100063212862224

• Members

He's vaxxed. His five day isolation he mentioned was issued for those that were vaccinated and had no symptoms but tested positive.

Newman been all over YouTube doing interviews/reunions. They are hard to miss.

But the audience would know PAS was lusting for JM instead of AH.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

We gay ones already knew about him all along and yet he still was in two straight VERY popular pairings on two different shows - and a third successful - if doomed -  one with AH.
I mean they were decent enough with each other and outside of BM and Michael Weatherly (who is obviously not a an option for at least three serious reasons), he was the only one she ever had some believable sparks with. So who knows?
Not that it is an option since I think PAS is happy on his farm with his man but it is fun to think about.