Days of Our Lives: December 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

There are a lot of good ideas on Days, but the problem is they're being executed so poorly because of a number of reasons. Episode guarantees, fast pacing. Seriously, how was there no follow up with the exorcism in today's episode?

If you fix that up somehow, that could lead to a lot of improvements

Please register in order to view this content

Maybe if 

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

And that's one of the problems I was talking about. Even if nothing happened, and Marlena and her family just spent the whole episode talking to each other and calming down after the exorcism, that really needed to be shown, just for the sake of followup 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Valid!

I was talking more about Leo. I know he's a "type" but the way they wrote him in Beyond Salem was counter-productive. It's not helpful to reinforce negative stereotypes of gay people just as society is evolving. Just my opinion though.

Then again, this is a soap, so...

I just think Ron needs taste guidance.

ADHD Ron only cares about the bullet points.

Edited by KLN

• Members

Every storyline that I witnessed on this show reminds me of As The World Turns when Jean Passanante was at the helm. Oh my god. I don't know what to say anymore. A part of me cracks up laughing but another part of me wants to take my fingernails and scratch at a chalkboard as hard as I can and with all my might. As much as I love seeing my Queen Kristen Dimera (Eileen Davidson), she was no match for this MarDevil 2.0 debacle. This turd was such a major sh!t show that even all the Febreze in the world couldn't even cover up this stinking mess. Right now, I'm watching it again on Peacock on it's so, so embarrassing. 

Edited by Noel

• Members

Another former SON member returns!  Is it sweeps month on SON?

I haven't missed it this week. I just watch for the laughs. I don't want to say it entertains me but it makes me laugh the whole hour.

• Members

I can see that.

It's probably for naught. At the end of the day it's a matter of personal taste and Carlivati has proven no matter how skilled one thinks he is or isn't as a writer, he 100% lacks taste.

But I still prefer this to Dena.

Edited by KLN

• Members

As much as I laugh, I still can't help but wonder WTF is wrong and how bad the delivery is. I mean, I thought the character of Eve and her racial microaggressions that came out of nowhere were one thing and offended me, but this show now is just ...

So, how is MarDevil 2.0 not able to break out of rope strapped to a bedpost, but is easily able to break out out of handcuffs?

ETA: It wasn't even an exorcism. It was all a bunch of flashbacks that brought her back. Okay, Sami. Take off that gaudy cross you will never sport around in public again. You bitch.

• Members

Granted, ATWT wasn't the show I grew up on but I don't remember Passanante coming anywhere close to the reek of Possession 2.0.

This will go down in history as one of the worst... things, this show ever did. Give me Austin and Greta in fig leaves to this.

• Members

It's mind bendingly stupid.

I can deal with camp (preferably less) but this story is a comedy skit to Ron. Start to finish. He didn't even pretend to take it seriously. Bump of coke, funky strain and this is what he came up with.