Marlena's original possession in 1995

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I don't know if you are ok with spoilers (I kinda assume you are from your post but it's always good to check) so I'll just put some key dates to give you an idea how long it lasted.

If you want I can give you a more detailed timeline with lots of spoilers in another post.

November 16, 1994 - the beginning of the "Queen of the night" storyline, the prologue for the possession storyline.

December 2, 1994 - the beginning of the Desecrator storyline, a major subplot of the possesion storyline.

December 23, 1994 - The possession fully kicks off

May 30, 1995 - The exorcism begins.

July 5, 1995 - clip show of the possession lol

July 18, 1995 - The possession ends.

so from November (or December, depending on your preference) right through until July. It was very long lol.

EDIT: should add that I got these dates from Bethsdayspage which still exists via the internet archive wayback machine.

I much preferred the scenes where the MarDevil is out and about (once we get to the exorcism it's just weeks and weeks of Marlena's penthouse bedroom lol).

My favourite mini arc from the possession is the one that starts on Horton Island (EDIT: Horton cabin on Smith island) and goes on from there for several episodes.

Edited by Dion

• Members

I love the Horton Cabin stuff too.  Without giving much away, Marlena trying to seduce Father John in a variety of ridiculous ways and Kristen being right but sounding like a lunatic always cracks me up.   And the stuff directly after is good as well.

There is sort of a lull after that where people wonder is she or isn't she possessed and then we are stuck in Marlena's (lovely) penthouse bedroom for a long time.

The ending is nice as well, but it's not a quick road to get there lol.

• Members

Lol I also loved Sami during the possession. She hated Marlena because of her affair, but at least briefly Mardevil and Sami became close and Sami began confiding in her and taking her advice, which of course led to disaster, haha.