Ratings From the 90's

• Members

If I've seen all of your updates (which I have been keeping a list of to eventually update/re-check for typos), I believe this is just the second week with a conflict over the past year (November 1990-October 1991). So, going pretty good now. That first year in 1990 had a lot of conflicts. I'm glad things have pretty much quieted down now with the discrepancies!!

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It is interesting how low the soaps sunk in the late 80s and early 90s but the difference pre and post OJ is that they actually fought for their lives and were on an upswing until 1995, for the most part? 

The majority of soaps were more modern from 91-95 than any soap since, even in 2023. 

It is really sad how low OLTL has sunk. They did not even get an increase with Alex taking Cassie out on Loon Lake. It will be interesting to see the turnaround. They really truly failed to build a long lasting canvas in the late-80s and it hurt them tremendously. 

• Members

According to his partner, Dominic Procaccino, Schnessel was diagnoses with AIDS in 1988. I imagine that may have also played a role in the end of his run on "One Life to Live."

Here is a link to Procaccino's interview for the Not Another Second Project where he speaks a little about his life with Schnessel. Procaccino passed last year. 

https://www.notanothersecond.com/stories/nick/

• Members

UPDATE ON RATINGS...

We have 6 more days of posts to take us through May 1992. As I said recently, we just got June 1992-December 1993 in, but I won't be working on those until after the holidays, so we will have a brief pause in the ratings data after December 14 until January. Also, word is we might be getting some of the still-needed weeks in 1990 and 1991 by the end of the month, so those are two different things to look forward to as we head into 2024!!

Before even looking at your post (expanding it to show the chart, I figured that meant there was probably a "breakout" portion of an episode, so that seems to usually be when something like that happens. SOW gets the "almost" final numbers, but then the network at a later point says "hey, wait a minute, we want this half hour of an episode not counted towards our weekly ratings." So, that's pretty much what all of the discrepancies you are finding mean. Of course, I expect there to be a few of my "human error" typos as well, where I think it says 5.3 but it actually says 5.8. 

• Members

I always thought B&B clearances went up when they started showing growth, but yes, the clearances are about the same as the beginning of the run.

It might have been posted here that around 1992 or 1993 Lee Bell personally visited every CBS affiliate that was not carrying B&B in an attempt to get them to add B&B to the line up.