SoapDish Magazine Best and Worrst of 1997

• Members

When Gillian first came on the show she was making moves on Dimitri to get his money. She was written as a hollow bad girl. McTavish, before she took it too far and made Gillian into a constantly suffering victim, did a lot to round out the character. 

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

LOL!!

Please register in order to view this content

I love it!!

But, seriously - did AMC have a hurricane in ‘97 (or ever)??

I’m thinking that’s a typo, as I have zero recollection of a hurricane on the show.

There was the iconic tornado of ‘94 (and a crappy CGI one a decade or so later), but I don’t remember a hurricane. 

• Members

Apparently it occurred in September 97, it mainly involved In Edmund, Skye, and Dimitri getting stuck at a beach house while back in Pine Valley the mag was irritated that Gillian said she was scared of hurricanes yet somehow try being naughty in the rain with both Tad and with Scott. 

• Members

Based on summaries from 1997, I was able to find a mention of a hurricane during episodes of the first week of September. It seems like the hurricane continued into the next week.

Looking through these episodes, you really see the huge budget differences between soaps then and now. I mean all those sets, the family having dinner at a restaurant with extras, it just feels so much richer in quality.

• Members

Crazy how many soap magazines popped up in the late 90's. I bought a copy or two on eBay some years back, and felt their write-ups were very generic. Like their timeline of the soaps were off by a couple months. Was it monthly or something?