Will the British soaps air classics?

• Members

The American soaps have started airing classic episodes from the past now that they've run out of new episodes to air. The same will happen to the British soaps very soon too since production is halted due to the corona pandemic. Will they follow the same path and start airing episodes from the past or will they choose another way to deal with this situation? I know it's not exactly the same situation since the British soaps air during primetime, not daytime, but still.....

And if they did choose to air classic episodes from the past, is there any specific story/character or era you'd like to re-visit?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I think that at the top of my list would be the episodes of Emmerdale Farm when the truth about Jackie Merrick's paternity was finally revealed. It was a storyline going back all the way to the first episodes, and then had a major impact on the canvas for several years during the 1980s.

Also high up on my list would be the first arrival of Dolly Acaster in early 1977, and then the reveal that she had had a baby as a teenager and given him up for adoption.

The murder of Harry Mowlam with Matt as a major suspect is another highlight I'd like to revisit.

• 1 month later...