Coronavirus/Covid-19 Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I really want to vent about this somewhere. An assistant pastor from a church in my community that has been flouting social distancing rules and making the pandemic political has tested positive for COVID-19. I won't say the name of the church, but some of you might have come across a news article about it at some point during this whole mess.

• Members

Sadly, that seems to be the norm. The pastors at my own church have gone maskless for months, as have about 95% of the congregation. The vicar (pastor-in-training) eventually got covid and so did his wife - who is pregnant. I got so fed up last month that I vowed not to go back until things get better. I not only have my parents (who are both in their 70s) to think of, but my caregiving clients. 

I am completely baffled as to how some members of the clergy can just slough this situation off, especially when there are elderly/immune system comprised people in every flock. Whatever happened to the Golden Rule? SIGH.

• Members

Yesterday I learned someone I know passed away from COVID. Not anyone close to me, just someone I know (a father of a brother/sister my siblings are friends with). It's the only person that I even knew had it in the first place. Don't know why I'm posting, it's just a weird thing that makes it feel a bit more real instead of just some nuisance. 

• Members

A good number of my family are anti-maskers and believe that COVID is a hoax. They've been mocking masks for months despite the fact that we lost our cousin Mike to COVID in April. Mike started showing symptoms and was gone in less than 24 hours. Now, they're finally beginning to take it seriously after it really hit home this week: My aunt's longtime boyfriend and his sister both died from COVID within hours of each other.