Coronavirus/Covid-19 Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Never one to miss an opportunity to spread disinformation and propaganda, China and Russia have once again taken to social media to float conspiracy theories on the origins of the novel coronavirus.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/as-virus-spreads-china-and-russia-see-openings-for-disinformation/ar-BB11Ps1U

The only thing that I've seen is a tweet mocking Trump's handling by bringing up the lack of toilet paper, which only reminded me of that Golden Girls episode where Rose dreams that she is in Moscow with Dorothy and Blanche (and Sophia who complains that they left her at home and she had to hitch a ride with a nice East German kid to get to Moscow) and Dorothy jokes that she knows the reason why everybody in Russia looks so grumpy all the time--it's their toilet paper!

I definitely thought that the origin of that tweet was probably from one of those disinformation sites.

• Members

This is why I have no time for the easy narratives pushed everywhere about how smart and efficient China is and how China is trying to save the world. Too many people are so eager to share their disgust for America (Americans in particular being happy to do this) they don't care that they are enabling a very dangerous regime. You can dislike and distrust both. It's not hard.

• Members

IA.  Julie Andrews is another celebrity -- along with Dame Angela Lansbury, Dolly Parton and Betty White -- I want kept in an underground bunker until this mess passes.  If any of these women pass away from the coronavirus, there's gonna be hell to pay from a lot of fans.  Count on it.