• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Damn. What a tremendous loss. 

I'm a big fan of Inside The Actors Studio, and I have always had an endless amount of respect for him and found him to be a true class act. I haven't caught any episodes since he's stepped down as host, and while I appreciate the attempt to carry on the legacy, I can't quite imagine the show without him. 

I would have never guessed he was 93, he looked much younger to me.

I can only hope that heaven exists and that when Mr. Lipton arrived at the pearly gates, God said: "You see Jim, you were wrong, I exist. But you may come in anyway".

Rest in peace, James Lipton

• Members

RIP

It’s a shame that he had so much trouble when it came to soap writing. He even admitted that out all of Irna’s protégés, he was the weakest one.

On AW, he introduced the Gregory family and pushed the Matthewses into the background, which was an unpopular decision. It actually led to a long standing rumor (now debunked) that when Agnes Nixon replaced him, she killed off the entire family in a plane crash. 

How was his work on Capitol?

• Members

Alot of the story started focusing on the romance between Sloan and Prince Ali and him ruling the country of Baracq, and a regime trying to overthrow him, but I remember the stories still centered in DC were still pretty good.  Sam Clegg had an affair and he and Myrna were constantly fighting.  That's all I can remember but people were unhappy about Sloan and Ali and the focus on a story in another country (kind of like GL and San Christobel), but the magazines praised the romance and I'm biased because I liked Capitol.  I think he wrote it up until the end...

They really did a number on Capitol.  Then B&B started out with practically the same ratings.