Exciting NHL Playoff Races Heating Up

Adam

• Members

Ok the old NHL thread we had in here seems to have died so here's a new one because there is just about a month to go before the dance of 16 teams begins for the Stanley Cup Playoffs. So many tight races, especially out west! The race is on for the final 2 playoff spots in the east as well with about 6 teams fighting. Montreal and Tampa are playing tonight, Montreal holding 7th and Tbay holding 8th but only 2 pts up on Atlanta.... Toronto and the NY Islanders are both 6 pts back. I am going to see the Leafs play the Bruins tomorrow night, if the Bruins lose then they are pretty much out of it. Slim hopes for my Leafs still making it but I have sorta resigned to the fact that they won't just too many hot teams and the leafs have a tough sked, 15 of the last 19 games against teams with better records then them.... time to blow up Leaf Land...

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My Preds are still going strong, and I loved getting Brandon Witt from Washington! I think the last month of the season is going to be exciting, especially on the Western Conference side because so many teams can still get into the playoff and are so close points wise.

• Administrator

I love that Toronto is falling too. :D

I hope Hasek comes back before the playoffs. We need him to win the Cup.

Since I'm in California until May, I won't be able to watch any Sens game until then. I'm gonna miss the first few games of the playoffs. :(

• Members

I am almost shocked how well the Preds have played since the Olympic break, beating Vancouver 3 times in 12 days(5-0 tonight), going on a 4 game road trip and getting 6 points out of a possible 8 and now having 38 wins(tying for most ever in a season) and right now having 84 points, the sixth most in all of hockey. The Preds are also 24-6-1 at home, I cant wait for the playoffs!

• Members

I was down at the Air Canada Centre and saw Boston take on Toronto, Toronto ended up winning 5-4 in the shootout on a winner from Darcy Tucker... Tellqvist stopped all 3 Boston shooters. He was rocking! People actually cheered when it was announced Belfour was not in the line up :) sorry Eddie, your time is up. Toronto was down 4-2 at one point but had back to back 2 man advantages and scored on both of them. It was an awesome game.... Leafs and Islanders are now tied for 10th spot with 66 pts 5 behind Montreal for the final playoff spot..... I haven't given up hope yet!

• Members

Toronto doesn't deserve to be in the Playoffs this year. They played like crap all year.

Sens need Hasek BADLY but does this not scare anyone else? I mean we NEED a playoff goalie, it's the ONLY thing we need. I mean we've already proved we've been #1, we were the best two years ago and in the playoffs we just fell apart (I don't blame Lalime but a more experienced goalie would've taken us farer)...I'm worried because if Hasek gets hurt again we're screwed.

• Members

The return of my favorite SON thread. It's hockey season baby!!!! WOOHOO, and the Sabres are the hottest team in the league right now. Just 4 points separate them at the top of the Eastern Conference. The Sens and Canes better watch out because the Sabres are sneaking up on them quickly.

Nikki

Archived