Exciting NHL Playoff Races Heating Up

Adam

• Members

Sabres are kicking ass! They are a hot young team and I think will be a force come April.... everyone at the start of the year wrote them off.... I hate Buffalo but its always nice to see teams defy the so called experts B)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ITA! The Sens are playing the Sabres this saturday...should be a good game! It's too bad CBC only plays Toronto on Saturday night. I know most of Ottawa's games during the week are on TV...but CBC never plays Ottawa on Saturday night unless there playing Toronto. I would really like to see the Sens/Sabres game.

• Members

Who else in here thought the Predators would be doing this good? With Vokoun as one of the best goalies in all of hockey, the Preds have a chance to go far in the playoffs this year. Its hard to win at the GEC, I believe the 2nd best home record in the NHL at 24-6-1!

• Members

At the beginning of the year I figured Nashville had the potential to be a sleeper team out west. Never envisioned that they'd be a top 4 team but certainly a playoff team and built to go far. I think they are gonna be very difficult to beat whoever has to face them.... the west is just so tight anyone who gets in has a chance to go far.... its much more black and white in the east IMO. Its great for that market and from what I understand Nashville is embracing their Preds and the attendance has never been horrible..... and its also good for the game for some of these lesser known hockey markets to be doing well, as is the case with the Hurricanes.

• Members

Damn Ducks won, but good thing is Vancouver with the win moves to 7th, knocking LA in the war path of 8th place.

WESTERN CONFERENCE STANDING AS OF RIGHT NOW:

1.) Detroit Red Wings - (45-15-5) - 65GP - 95 Points

2.) Dallas Stars - (44-19-3) - 66GP - 91 Points

3.) Calgary Flames - (37-20-8) - 65GP - 82 Points

4.) Nashville Predators - (39-19-8) - 66GP - 86 Points

5.) Colorado Avalanche - (37-24-6) - 67GP - 80 Points

6.) Edmonton Oilers - (34-23-10) - 67GP - 78 Points

7.) Vancouver Canucks - (36-26-6) - 68GP - 78 Points

8.) Los Angeles Kings - (36-27-5) - 68GP - 77 Points

---------------------------------------------------------------

9.) Anaheim Might Ducks - (32-21-12) - 65GP - 76 Points

10.) San Jose Sharks - (32-23-9) - 64GP - 73 Points

• Members

The Canucks won tonight, in probably one of the most important games of the season against the Edmonton Oilers, in Edmonton, to open a 3-game series that ends on Saturday in Vancouver against the Oilers.

With the win, Vancouver leap frogs from 9th ( <_< ) to a 6th place tie with Anaheim, with 80 Points. Anaheim is placed higher because they have more games left to play. With the win, Edmonton moves to 8th in the West and LA is knocked outta the playoffs to 9th. San Jose, who ALSO won tonight, moves to 78Pts in 10th, with 3 games in hand on Van & LA and 2 on Edmonton, and are 1 pt back of EDM/LA and 2 back of Van!

The next 2 games against Edmonton are SOOOOOO important, they need to KEEP winning and if they do they SHOULD be in good position to finish 7th or 6th in the West, but they GOT to keep winning. They need to win at least 7 more games to make the playoffs IMO.

I am hoping they win their next game because I am flying to Vancouver to watch it live at GM Place so I am PRAYING that they win (but my luck at live Van games is not good, especially my last one, which probably is one of the most infamous games ever in Canuck history, the one that had the "incident" in it...you guys know what I am talking about).

But the boys fought SO hard tonight for the win and perhaps finally they realised that strong work ethic and effort is what they need to win hockey games, there is no more "freebie" games, it will be DAMN tough the rest of the way and I am hoping tonight is the beginning of something great for the Nucks, something that will push them into the playoffs on a winning record.

Also :o:o:o at Nashville who are just [!@#$%^&*] ON FIRE right now!!!

Archived