Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
  • Members

Daytime Emmy Winners who won for playing multiple roles:

• David Canary for twin brothers Adam & Stuart Chandler on AMC
  • Erica Slezak for DID role Vicky Buchanan & Nikki Smith, et al, on OLTL
  • Ellen Wheeler for identical twins Marley & Vicky Love on AW
  • Anne Heche for identical twins Marley & Vickey Love on AW
  • Julianne Moore for look-alike half-sisters/cousins Frannie and Sabrina Hughes on ATWT

• Members

Really?!!! Did she? Martha was SO good as Lily and Rose. I don't know why but I did not remember her winning for it! And, I was glued to ATWT & her & Scott Holroyd & Jon Hensley et al during that whole time frame. That's yet another thing I never forgave Chris Goutman for. They were doing just fine playing Rose and Lily and all of a sudden he decided to do away with Rose. Poof. Poison! ATWT was a really interesting show in that they really were a family. They had a real bond. Sure, they worked hard but they also played hard. And, they really cared about each other. Something was going wrong with Chris Goutman in the last years. And, it really stirred everyone up.

• Members

Er, what's "TBH"? And, I hated losing Scott Holroyd. I got to know him well.

Please register in order to view this content

Ohhhhh, thank you for that clip! I love Martha. Her mother was a wonderful person, too! A friend of mine & I ran a Soap Opera Forum on Delphi & Martha was one of the people we had on as a guest.

• Members

TBH=To Be Honest.  Very nice photo   Yeah, it was a mistake letting him go, especially as he was showing range and subtlety in the role. I've never been shy about posting my feelings on just how many grievous mistakes the show made in that final decade.  I just wish sensible, creative people with some knowledge of the show's history were at the helm to make decisions and write the show.

• Members

To Be Honest, gotcha, I will remember that. He was very personable and very photogenic, but he was also very down to earth. He was very happy at World Turns & that's just one more reason it annoys me that they got rid of him. Plus, he was just a very good fit for the role of Paul & not everyone would have been. I did not mind Howarth but I kept having to remind myself  he wasn't Roger Howarth & that was tiresome. It was all so easy coming out of Scott.

• Members

Howarth was never anything I imagined the character of Paul to embody, especially based on what I knew of the character.  Holroyd's portrayal was much closer to Andrew Kavovit's Emmy award-winning portrayal of the character.  Then again, during Howarth's run, every other character was a wise-cracking stream of one-liners.  I just didn't like it.

• Members

Only, I didn't care for the way Dusty was written during that time, as a wanna-be thug, this completely ignores the fact that Dusty was a Harvard educated businessman who also interned for  the likes of Walsh Enterprises and Fitzgibbon in London.  I didn't like the lack of attention to the characters' histories that was part and parcel of the last decade's episodes. It's as if one had to forget about every sliver of previous decades to enjoy the show and I just couldn't do it.

• 3 weeks later...