The Media/Journalism Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I know people say that Democrats are terrible at messaging, but I'm starting to think that's a load of bull.  It's not that the Democrats are bad at messaging, it's just that the media doesn't want to hear anything they have to say.

• Members

Many Dems are often very bad at messaging! But some are not, and the blanket assumption that they always get messaging wrong is at times knee-jerk, lazy and incorrect. But they do have more they could be doing right now, and at the same time, DC and the media handicap everything for the right wing as well.

Meanwhile, Madison Cawthorn's insanity is being couched by the NYT as 'youthful brashness':

• Members

This is part of a followup of the tweet series I posted in the politics thread yesterday. Dave Rubin is shameless and grimy beyond belief - his "allies" are fine with inciting hatred against him, his husband and children-to-be to their followers, not to mention other queer people, and he still nods along. This is what you become when a desperate need for money rots away any soul you ever had.  

Edited by DRW50

• Members

I did not know until today that Ramin Setoodeh, who wrote a number of anti-gay screeds at Newsweek, whether on telling gay actors to stay in the closet, blaming effeminate gay men on TV for same sex marriage losses in Maine, or, most unforgivably, all but blaming a young boy killed for being gay ( http://www.boxturtlebulletin.com/2008/07/21/2399 ), is now a big name at Variety. He even wrote a puff piece on loathsome Meghan McCain late last year, where he had to mention that they were friends. I will no longer have much faith in anything from them again.

That also led me to this overwritten, incoherent defense by Aaron Sorkin, with my biggest laugh (funnier than any of his "comedy" ever was) being him begging people to keep reading Newsweek, as it is one of the few publications that still has news.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/now-that-you-mention-it-r_b_574210