The Media/Journalism Thread

• Members

They've been there for awhile. That's why Biden won, and why we narrowly kept the Senate. That is going to keep working for us as long as this sick lunatic is alive and bringing the GOP rank and file into lock-step with him. He's awful, but he is also the gift that keeps on giving for us with a huge swath of otherwise uncurious but disgusted voters.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

@Vee Beneath the giggles I've often thought Anderson was elitist and sanctimonious (I never have gotten the image of him presenting from Katrina-ravaged New Orleans in perfectly pressed, crisp "everyday" attire out of my head) but he rarely puts it on display this much. It disgusts me, even if doesn't surprise me, that the media machine is still insisting we need to listen to the same voices that have gotten constant airtime for many years now. We know what they are telling us - they hate us, they want us gone, etc. And clearly so does CNN.

• Members

While I disagree with your account of Anderson Cooper's coverage of Katrina, (here's a refresher of what he went through to report the story https://nymag.com/nymetro/news/features/14301/ )

I also can't entirely agree with his argument in support of CNN.  I don't need to hear the lies, slander, and threats directly from the mouth of a man who wants to be a dictator rather than a president to feel informed. 

Edited by j swift

• Members

There’s not much that can surprise me these days, but I admit to being somewhat surprised by this. Still, when I had to do a focus evaluation of some NYC news anchors, Ken Rosato probably rated toward the bottom of my ranking.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/abc7-anchor-ken-rosato-was-fired-for-hot-mic-insult/ar-AA1bfIkl