What Are You Watching/Binging/Streaming Now?

applcin

• Members

I recommend KINDRED etc. to people all of the time. The whole show, short-run, is up on YouTube. People who have only seen Stacy as Kristen or as Susan Banks, will not believe her in this!!! Kelly Rutherford is good in this as well. Love finding another Kindred fan!

CPW, totally classic. 

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Oh yeah. My mother had the biggest crush on the main actor...may he rest in peace.

Kelly Rutherford is always good. Them soap roots.

Please register in order to view this content

And Stacy...oooh yeah. Before her recast of Kristen (and Y&R Patty) she was on there and SUPERBOY so I've always liked her. And she was really breathtakingly beautiful. 

• Members

CHARMED I did watch as it aired but also doing a very slow rewatch. I cannot stand the replaced music though.

I totally get why that would be hard to deal with. I don't remember the original music for BH90210, MELROSE, or DAWSON'S but there are certain scenes that the songs are just so terrible and generic and you just know it's a poor replacement! lol

I've caught the occasional college episode of DC but hardly remember anything. It'll be fun to watch it properly.

Yes, first time ever! I was OK with season 1 but the show really takes off about halfway through Season 2, and am really really loving it. I can't wait to watch more.

• Members

Hehe. You feel me then. re: replacement music

The early college years of BH and their senior year was the same way and I just rme. Cuz with BH, they just cut the scenes completely from what I heard on the dvds. Meanwhile, depending on the channel, it either had the original music or not. Maddening. lol.

OOooo...I think you will like it Season 5. It does fall into a story trope that DC slowly kept falling into in its later seasons, but still a really good season. No spoilers here, but let me know when you watch Episode 1 of Season 5 for some good tea.

Omg! Yes. BUFFY more or less gets better as the seasons go on up until their network move (you are still a loooong way off so enjoy ). Then the fanbase splits from what I remember in real time. Though I feel as the original fanbase has grown older they have appreciated the later seasons better. Cuz even a bad Buffy episode is, was, always has been better than most shows.  So many good things and payoffs to early plot threads. But let me ssssh. 

• Members

With CHARMED, TNT used to play the episodes with the original theme song. I started recording them so I could rewatch, only to realize they replaced it with the new, generic one. Like, are you serious?!

Yep. The BH DVDs just cut out some of the scenes with singing completely. I suppose there's no way to replace those with generic songs, although I wouldn't mind if they simply muted the freakin' sound and had subtitles or something lol

I will definitely let you know about DC! Two episodes left of Season 4. I think I'll take a quick break and binge something else, but I'll circle back. I do hope the college years are good.

I am very excited about BUFFY (and trying out ANGEL, eventually). I hope they can keep up the quality. I am open to whatever they serve! lmao

• Members

Lol. One of these days.

Yeah, I heard from my brother. I want to say that they were usually kept in when they were in repeats on SoapNet, but otherwise...nope. 

Yay!!! You made it through Season 4 fast. I still feel Season 5 was good and I used to rewatch it on VHS often. But I moved before I could watch the last season. Before there were streaming, there were webpages that did transcripts of episodes so I have a rough idea of Season 6. One of these days I might sit down and watch it to get a feel if I would have liked the season if I had watched it. 

I stay by what I said...the worst episode of BUFFY...which if I think about it has only been 2...one of which I am sure you have gotten to by now...one comes waaaay later...is still heads above most tv shows. My way of saying their quality stayed high for the most part. 

• Members

Yes, I sped through those 23 episodes! lol Enjoyed it a lot! SO curious to see what the college years bring. You should do S6 properly

That's really great to hear about BUFFY! It's depressing when a great show plunges into nothingness. 

Meanwhile, binging DEVIOUS MAIDS Season 3 and 4. Just a lot of fun and, actually, lots of laugh-out-loud moments!