LOGO Sitcom Reruns

KMan101

• Members

Wow, I have never heard of "It's A Living." I gotta get me to Wikipedia and do my TV history research! It's funny to read up on the syndicated series of the 80's, including those who started on networks but ended up living a longer life through first-run syndication. Crazy to think there was a 3 year gap between It's A Living's original run versus their new life in syndication. Charles In Charge is another one, where 80% of the cast changes once it switches. 

Speaking of LOGO reruns and sitcom reruns in general, I hate how nowadays, for at least a decade or so, the sitcom reruns are SO heavily chopped up and edited for more commercials. I can remember back when reruns would usually have just one small scene cut or edited, but now they're so choppy and uneven and will sometimes just cut to another scene without a decent ending, or quickly go to commercial break and come back in the middle of another scene. I'm sure they do this with most reruns, but I especially notice it during reruns of Roseanne and The Golden Girls. 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Laverne & Shirley is coming to Logo on Monday, April 30th! It'll air at 11am in marathon form, of course.

It's A Living is a cute show. It's fun. I like it. It's plots feel like rehashes of other Witt/Thomas shows and 80s shows at the time (however, they sometimes work better here because the setting is a restaurant, so certain things don't feel as forced), but the cast is good. Ann Jillian

Please register in order to view this content

Marian Mercer (I love Nancy's disdain for Dot! lol) Crystal Bernard Gail Edwards Richard Stahl I also like Barrie Youngfellow. Also nice to see Richard Kline pop up as her boyfriend-turned-husband.

It was fun seeing Bob Saget as a doctor in the same scene as Gail Edwards. Not that they spoke or anything but still fun.

I'm glad to finally be able to watch it. Fun seeing Danny Thomas and Michael Richards pop up.

• Members

LOGO only aired It's A Living for what ? One Weekend ? Talk about giving a show a chance. I remember watching the series growing up in the 80's. Our area would air it at like 5 or 6 in the afternoon. Marian Mercer as Nancy Bebe was hilarious. I remember Sonny played by Paul Kreppel would say nasty things about her and then grovel at her feet when she would walk up on him saying them. 

• Members

Yep, it was just one weekend. Hopefully it pops up again. I'm glad they at least try to air a show like It's a Living. They also aired The Ropers and I'm very happy they're airing Too Close for Comfort semi-regularly.

Laverne and Shirley makes sense for Logo.

Archived