TV Character's you felt were pointless/served no purpose

dragonflies

• Members

Yeah I remember the comments from Dawn Lynn. I used to read there all the time...I contributed a few times as well. Eventually the site got too big and up its own ass. Closing down was probably for the best. 

I've always felt a bit bad for Ted McGinley as he's been in a number of successful shows, but some things stick. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL.....that's great.

Yes, Ted gets berated a lot. Most of the shows he has done were on their last legs anyway when he joined. When I think of the 80's, he is one celeb that pops into my head. He had that classic preppy look that was so popular during that era. 

• Members

Izzy on Grey's Anatomy lol

In all seriousness though, Home Imrpovement had a character who happened to be a new next door neighbor to the Taylor family. I forget her name offhand but I do remember her first episode her husband was played by Robert Picardo. Well the wife was kept around as an odd annoying recurring character for the next three seasons or so mainly used as a sounding board for Jill, with one episode she cooked and ate pancakes for herself in the Taylor kitchen while listening and nodding to Jill's tantrum. For all of Home Improvement's flaws that was just bizarre. 

Brett Cooper on Melrose Place was pointless and didn't serve a purpose. The show tried to tell a Kimberly story without Kimberly and failed very miserably during season six. 

Marita Covarrubias on the X-Files. I think they had an initial plan but they changed their minds and the character felt pointless, used only for sex appeal, and just fizzled out. Same goes with Mimi Rogers' Diana Fowley, who was very much loathed. 

Archived